User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2009, 01:43 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Flatbed Rates and Loads

How are flatbed rates and loads looking compared to last month? Does it seem like there are more or less loads out there overall? Are rates getting any better or are they still pretty rough?
Old 07-10-2009, 03:46 PM
Senior Board Member

This week sucked for loads, but for the last month it was rolling pretty good, relatively speaking.

Rates....... some aren't too bad, some are questionable, some are horrible. I stay away from the horrible ones, hold my nose on the questionable ones, and smile on the ones that aren't too bad. I haven't had the chance to laugh all the way to the bank yet. :roll:
It's work though.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:15 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazow1md View Post
How are flatbed rates and loads looking compared to last month? Does it seem like there are more or less loads out there overall? Are rates getting any better or are they still pretty rough?

I don't see much difference so far between last month and this. I have recently hauled a couple of good paying loads, but as Rosty mentioned, some are really horrible. I still won't haul a load unless I can make a profit on it. Apparently, that doesn't stop some people. I spoke with a guy this week who wanted to pay $1/mile to haul his load. I told him that it would not go on my truck at that rate. According to him, there are many who are taking it. Apparently he was right. The load disappeared from the load board not long after I spoke with him. If freight is slow when you get to an area you make a choice. You sit until a load comes along or deadhead to a better freight area. It is an insult for a broker or shipper to offer a load for $1/mile. I don't care what you are pulling. Standard rates should be at least $2-2.50/mile minimum. As most of you know, that is not the case. Where you run can make a difference on your rate.