View Poll Results: Should this be persued in court?
yes 15 93.75%
No 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2004, 04:19 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Blue Beacon abuse of female customer

Pictures: The pics would not transfer to message. If you want to see them please e-mail me.

During Last 24 hr. been through stress with Blue Beacon. Went to another Blue Beacon to show damage to truck tanks for verification and ended up being assaulted. Was given the finger for not going to the right bay, before I ever spoke to anyone or got out of truck. Before employee even knew I was a female. Employee acted like he was on drugs. Jabbing his finger into the air because he felt I was not doing what he directed, and had tooted horn waving him to come over to truck. Was then called abusive names like fat ******* bitch, on two separate occasions. Later went to take PICS of damage to tanks and employee came out and started abuse again, threatening me, waving middle fingers around. When camera was warmed up, I took picture of employee instead. He was proud of it and came at me wanting me to take more pictures. Then grabbing my wrist, twisting and crushing my hand in process of obtaining my camera. Have PICS will show you one if you respond. I called police twice, once because I was trapped and could not back out, due to construction. Once because of the assault. Employee attempted to erase pictures, but, could one erase the one on top. He ran off with my $400. camera violating it and trying to destroy evidence. Other employee/manager, backed his actions, also, calling me names, telling me earlier, when I was behind shop trapped, to go ahead and use my fat ******* fingers to call 911. Along with many other abusive words geared towards my weight and gender. As a result of being your customer, I feel violated, abused, my wrist/hand is hurting every time I try to shift truck, the cut job done on the tanks is completely ruined, As a single mother, I can not afford this, as a truck owner I feel the need to warn other owners, as a female, I feel totally enraged and am looking into the possible filing of civil charges, as the officers told me to do.
As a customer, I am preparing a flyer, with photos and my complete story of my experience. It has been suggested that I pass my story on to every truck wash for there bulletin boards and to any magazine/paper, so it might help others avoid the same experience with your employees and their workmanship. If my hand should continue in this pain and not be aided by some aspirin, then I shall go to the doctor. At that point, or maybe, I should anyway, I will be forced to seek a legal representative to protect my intrust against people that do myself and my small business harm. I have copied and will forward this message on to them at that time. Along with the rest of the details.

Picturers:

Will update with more PICS and fact details as time permits. Currently late on load due to being detained behind Blue Beacon Blooding, employees abusive actions, speaking to police, and dealing with aftermath.
Original complaint was based on truck wash services provided by Blue Beacon of Des Moines, Iowa. Receipt ticket # 008239047. Provided for customer owning 1 truck leased to name on ticket. Wash was incomplete, acid was used on recent cut job. I was to upset upon seeing condition of truck, when dried, to go back to facility. Was advised to go to next facility, for incident report, verification, and PICS.
Upon arriving at Kansas City Blue Beacon, no employee was available and facility was locked up. Went around building, knocked on window and door. no response. Got back in truck. Tooted horn 3 separate occasions, with 1-2 minutes apart. On third attempt employee appeared, obviously upset by intrusion. He motioned for me to move truck to other bay.
With the construction and small boulders behind me it was my hope to pull forward, and through. As I had no desire to blind side back, or wash truck in the rain. Before I said one word, before I was out of the truck, before he knew if I was male or female, the customer abuse began.
After trying to wave employee over to explain, he (bill I was later told), began thrusting both arms into the air with jagged motions and middle finger outstretched. Shouting "**** YOU we don't want to wash your truck anyway."
As I got out of truck and walked over he closed bay door, while using obscenities.
Another employee (Scott) walked towards locked door. After trying to relay why I was there, and shouting through plastic window, I stated that I could not even get out and would have to call 911 just to leave. Employee stated for me to "go ahead and use my fat ******* fingers and try to dial 911" Quote UN Quote.
I could not respond and returned to my truck.
Shortly after dialing 911. The less angrier of the two came outside to the truck. Told me they just wanted me to use the other bay. The truck was maneuvered over, put intro the bay, turned off, and I got out my camera. After briefly explaining to Scott the circumstances that brought me there, I went to turn on the camera, to take pick of damage to tanks.
Before camera could warm up, "Bill" came round the front corner of truck hood. Using foul language about my being a ****** fat bitch and such. Scott told him to get back into the office. I asked him to please shut up. Orally abusing my weight and gender was not necessary. This brought the finger, and more obscenities, back out. I was fixing to take a picture of the tanks, and swung around taking a PIC of him instead. Thus provoked, he advanced towards me repeating "take a picture of this fat bitch" and such.
It went crazy from there. Without requesting the camera first, he just kept coming until he was virtually on top of me twisting and attempting to wrestle the camera out of my grasp by force. Bending and crushing my hand, then running out into the rain with my new digital camera. I chased after him outside before he went into the office placing his leg and foot against the door, preventing access while he yelled at me and kept pushing buttons on the camera.
The employees (brothers I found out) jested and had fun with keeping the camera and seemed to enjoy my obvious humiliation. With over 163 photos, on the camera card, some private, in combination with the weight and gender comments I felt so low I just wanted to curl up and sink into myself. It was nauseating.
I had finally come to the point in my life where I had accepted myself, and was ready to enjoy life, skinny or fat. Or so I had thought before this horrific night. With no exaggeration, being assaulted by a stranger orally was bad enough. Now I felt violated and emotionally raped.
When the police finally arrived, they informed me that, unfortunately, these creeps could get away with it, due to a current law, allowing a business, or homeowner, to remove someone by force, if they had been asked to leave.
The boys lies, they had not asked me to move out front till after the camera episode. At that point, how could I, before police came? They also lied about my bearing down on the horn. Yes, I tooted to bring someone round. To get anyone's attention that may be there. Is that not normal for Truck Washes? But, I never fully released the horn to it's full air, and did not hold it down. Never inside either.
As women and truckers, what has our society come to? This event gives new meaning to the words "BE CAREFUL OUT THERE." I use to think it pertained just to 4 wheelers. But, the very businesses we give our hard earned money to?
I gave the hand 24 hours to heal up. Aspirin, has been fading to fast. The pain is there overtime I now shift or grab the CB microphone. Even sitting still, there is a bit of throbbing.
It became necessary to obtain some relief. The emergency room took x-rays, found no fracture at this time (I did not think there was one) however said my hand ligaments have been damaged. If I allowed him to place a sprint on me, I would be forced to take 3-7 days mandatory from work. I opted to try bandages for now.
Unfortunately, they say, I still cannot drive on the Vicodin pills. So I'm back to pain while driving. Why should I have to make this choice?
The employees did not lie about one conversation... When I asked for the managers name, they stated "why"? This happens all the time, they said. They told me they had been working at Blue Beacon for years, and that Scott was the man in charge. Scott stated that nothing would happen to them, that I was in the wrong for taking pictures. Well, they were fine before his brother got busted!
The manager, Paul? That I spoke with, said he had taken care of the discipline, unless he hears anything from corporate. He said the boys have always been sarcastic. He belittled my story, played it down, covered for them, denied being able to see any of the important things like "Bill" in the back doorway or the camera part. He seemed to believe it was nothing major. He posed as the top manager there. Telling me of how corporate sends HIM faxes of calls in how they give it to HIS hands to deal with. But, I found out along the way he has a boss there too. That really makes the calls.
So, Paul, if "Bill" (his name was a lie), is so innocent why was he outside running around with my camera in the rain? Why the fake name? Well, a picture tells the truth and a thousand words-at least that is what the cop said yesterday morning.
Second round of abuse by Blue Beacon Employee begins. Abuse to customer consisted of foul language, foul gestures, attack and assault, verbal abuse of customers body weight and gender (female). Employee was boasting and proud of attitude and actions. Manager- (his brother) also engaged in the name calling and verbal abuse siding with his brother against customers complaints of the employee. Please see attached for further information.

Please forward - tell others Don't let this happen to you! No matter what the customer does, even if they blow there horn outside the bay, in an attempt to find the employees, there is no excuse for this type of behavior.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:45 PM
Senior Board Member

I stoped use a "Blue Beacon", long time ago, cause of lausy job they do! :x As in your case, i'd deffinetly talk to the lawer, and inform the "BB" H.Q. :evil:
Old 07-09-2004, 08:38 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo379
As in your case, i'd deffinetly talk to the lawer, and inform the "BB" H.Q. :evil:
Actually, what you're describing is assault and battery. Call the police and have your assaulter arrested!
Old 07-10-2004, 04:25 AM

I would call the police and have your assaulter brought up on charges. Then I would lawyer up, sue the snot out of blue beacon. Maybe you'll be able to kill this horrible company with there terrible service for good.
Old 07-10-2004, 06:56 PM
Board Regular

I dont' think the gender thing comes into play in my case, but... As for the Blue Beacon....

I got my truck washed in Carnesville, GA (1998) at about 3am, they had to wash it 3 times, so they weren't happy with me. Usually I pull out and dry it, but after 3 washes I was exhausted and parked with it wet. When I got up the hood was completely white (on a blackpearl truck), when I got out the fenders and roof were also white. I took the truck home and washed and waxed it immediately.

The water marks were etched (you could catch them with a fingernail) into the paint where the water had dried on it. I took it to a detail shop and a paint and body shop. I had told them no acid since truck and trailer were polished, naturally it came out white as snow. Was told by both places clear coat was burned from too much acid.

Up to this point the truck had ALWAYS been washed and waxed at home, but since buying a new place I did not yet have a place to do it. I called Blue Beacon main office and after lots of not so friendly back and forth was told they would not be responsible and I would have to sue. I told them I would park next to every BB I could find with my hood pulled and a sign say "This is what the Blue Beacon did for me"; to which he replied he'd sue me.

Until that truck was stolen I told and showed everyone I could exactly what happened to my truck. Guess they'll have to sue me.

Even after having the truck buffed there was so much damage if it weren't waxed everytime it would turn white.

I hope you pursue this matter as far as you can. I'll never use another Blue Beacon and I know others that feel the same way.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:22 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

They dont call it Streakin Beacon for nothing. :twisted:
Old 09-03-2004, 03:22 PM
Rookie

You needto bring charges with the States Attoney first, than civil charges and have it posted in a Syndicated Newspaper.
The man who makes everything that leads to happiness depends upon himself, and not upon other men, has adopted the very best plan for living happily. This is the man of moderation, the man of manly character and of wisdom.
Plato
Old 09-05-2004, 04:46 AM
Default Re

I am not a truck driver, but I do know about assault and battery. The Officer on scene should have asked if you wanted to press charges against "Bill".

I hope you got a police report. Because along with the Emergency rooms report , you've got one mean case against them boys. Scott may not have physically touched you, but as the "Man in Charge" he is responsible for his underlings actions. Same goes for Paul.

For the damage to your truck. You need to find out if the BB has any signs posted about responsibilty or liability. If not, Honey climb that corporate latter and don't stop until you hit the top.

Now to the verbal abuse. Don't get down on yourself consider the source. A swamp oakie is a swamp oakie even if he's got a job.

Go home (when you can) and hug your kids, because their opinions of you are the only ones that matter.

Most importantly, BE PROUD OF WHO YOU ARE, after all it's what on the inside that counts. The rest is just window dressing.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:15 PM
Senior Board Member

There is no need to repost the original just to bring it back to everyone's attention.