User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2009, 03:47 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Not trying to be a a** but it just seems odd that they would be hiring when they cut 200 o/o less than or right at a month ago.
But stanger things have happened.
Do you have a flat or a step yet?
I have also heard they are not doing the trailer leasing any more as well.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:15 AM
Default Mercer

PLEASE, give us a post when you get to Louisville.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:54 AM
Rookie

no i am suposed to lease a trailer from them so i guess they are still leasing trailer's all i own is a refer. i will let yall know whta is going on once i get to oreintation.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Rookie

k....well i have made it to louisville ky,and to the mercer yard......it is right smack downtown louisville! well i did pick out my trailer today buying me a 08 utility flat spread. anyways i went through the first day of class and it was pretty decent. seems every driver i talk to here has been here 10 years or more. and no one seems to be unhappy with the freight here but they do note that it is slow but not slow enough that they are worried, wich is good news for me becuse i was slow enough that i worried lol. they are though very very strict on your trucks apperence and mechanical well being, luckly my truck passed these crazy checks and all. but i did have to remove a chrome skull i had on my hood becuse it made my truck look agressive,...whatever....anyways it seems pretty cool here and the ppl are freindly and they havent given me any b.s. yet that i know of lol. they did fire over 200 drivers they said it was drivers that were not preforming like they wanted to so mercer let them go becuse mercer aparently needs drivers that can preform. seems they are extremly picky also right now on who they do put on and that i am very lucky to have made it on to this company,,,, this is the picture that is being painted for me here at mercer i donu yet though i havent even hauled my irst load either way they are hiring but very picky on who they hire right now so seems i should feel good about my self? lol i will let you guys know more tomarrow after class.:thumbsup:
Old 05-07-2009, 01:47 AM
Senior Board Member

keep us updated!!!
Old 05-08-2009, 02:32 AM
Rookie

well.... today i had to buy chains,binders,straps,headache rack .....etc... this all came up to a pretty penny. wich i was actully luck becuse i got a pretty good deal on this stuff for it all being new except for the tarps i think 400 bucks for a 6 foot drop with flaps is a lil much i donu.... anyways all i have to do now is finish the paper work in the morning and get a load out of here. so hopefully ill be rolling in the morning:thumbsup: i like that they do have a short oreintation here and it is real laid back and they feed you GOOOD! they even feed my gf while we were here and they were even as nice to involve her in the oreintation process as if she her self was a driver she even got the free shirt and hat!:lol:so now she is just a strutin around lol the washer and dryers here are free and they will even let you use a van to drive around in for free and weird thing is i dont hve to wait in line for a van to go out in i just go sighn it out they seem to have enough vans to acomadate everyone here. another lucky thing is that every truck almost that rolls through here is loaded and they dont stay long so that is another good sighn. all and all i happy very pleased with the expereince of leasing onto mercer and look foward to making a strong relationship with them. i will let yall know more tomarrow and i will let yall know how it is after my first load on how long it took them to get me another load etc...
Old 05-08-2009, 05:17 AM
Senior Board Member

sounds good! hey comanche....u got some info on jones motor on the other thread?
Old 05-09-2009, 01:01 AM
Board Regular

Dang, comanche, I have a headache rack that I will sell cheap and plan to sell it ASAP. I didn't think about you needing one, sorry, I would have spoken up. If you want to look into returning yours and considering mine, send me a pm.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:42 AM
Rookie

hey ppl.....sorry i havent been around to udate you all on my progress....sorry i missed out on that headach rack...and no info on jones motor i just know there also picky as hell right now on who they hire.....well i have been real busy actuly i am now in tacoma washington. i just got empty probley be tomarrow before i get loaded, but the rates here are good!!! it paid 4148 from buffalo ny to tacoma washington.other loads been averging about 1.80 a mile so so far so good i have sat one day without a load but thats becuse i turned down a load... but i wont know to much more till i have been here a while i will update later and if any ??? feel free to ask i have a i/c manual so i think i can answer some of the company info ??? you may have thanks yall be safe out there.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:59 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I am glad to hear things are going well for you, comanche.