User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Insurance

Thanks guys . I think I got a great deal on insurance with a local agent. It is with Northland. Same company and coverages I was quoted from a broker in Georgia. Difference is, the Florida broker got same insurance for $1,600 less.

As a side note , I e-mailed a company named " Evilsizor" yesterday looking for help in getting my IFTA,BOC-3,fuel tax help,ect. Haven't heard from them. Is it standard to wait more than a day to get e-mail response ?

Hope to have all authority,insurance ect by end of next week. I have been sitting too long already. Need to get to work and start making instead of spending !

Thanks again ! Bruce
Old 04-18-2009, 11:26 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Bruce, sometimes it is how the broker structures the quote that can make a difference in your premium. I am surprised that Northland would give a different quote. I had one broker who told me that Northland would not quote to another broker once they had quoted for one for the same carrier or owner operator. I found out with Northland that they have several underwriters who will put a quote together. Your rate can differ according to which underwriter you get. I think that Northland can be a good choice for a single truck operation that the owner drives himself. If you have trucks that you must put drivers in then it may not be the best choice. One criteria that Northland uses is driver retention. If you have driver turnover then your premiums will likely go up with Northland. That is the company that I used for several years with no claims or tickets. They hit me with two rate increases with the only reason for the hike given is driver turnover. If you have drivers then you have turnover. I have received a couple of quotes from different insurance companies who have given me a lower rate than Northland.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucet84 View Post
As a side note , I e-mailed a company named " Evilsizor" yesterday looking for help in getting my IFTA,BOC-3,fuel tax help,ect. Haven't heard from them. Is it standard to wait more than a day to get e-mail response ?

It depends on how busy people are as to how long it can take to get back with you. You can do the IFTA yourself. All you need do is fill out a form. There should be no charge unless you use a service.