User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel27208 View Post
winston-salem,greensboro, High point thats the TRIAD.
so actually your triangle falls inside my triangle, I think that makes me technically correct....LMAO!

BTW I was only off by a couple thousand square miles.....

Old 04-03-2009, 09:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan View Post
When is the last economic rebound article that you have read that doesn't include a "but"? It's so frustrating reading these articles, it's so obvious that good news doesn't sell papers or get people watching the news.

I think it was Franklin Roosevelt who said: Would someone please give me a one armed economist because whenever I ask them something they always tell me "well on the one hand it could be this but on the other hand..."
Old 04-06-2009, 12:52 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

The Triangle (North Carolina)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
"Raleigh-Durham" redirects here. For the airport, see Raleigh-Durham International Airport.

Location of the Raleigh-Durham-Cary CSA and its components: Durham-Chapel Hill Metropolitan Statistical Area Raleigh-Cary Metropolitan Statistical Area Dunn Micropolitan Statistical Area

The Research Triangle, commonly referred to as "The Triangle", is a region in the Piedmont of North Carolina in the United States, anchored by the cities of Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill. The eight-county region, officially named the Raleigh-Durham-Cary CSA, comprises two Metropolitan and one Micropolitan Statistical Area: Raleigh-Cary and Durham-Chapel Hill metropolitan area. The region's population was 1,314,589 at the 2000 census.[1] The research universities of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina State University, and Duke University are located in this region. The "Triangle" name was cemented in the public consciousness in the 1950s with the creation of Research Triangle Park, home to numerous high-tech companies and enterprises. Although the name is now used to refer to the geographic region, "The Triangle" originally referred to the universities, whose research facilities, and the educated workforce they provide, have historically served as a major attraction for businesses located in the region. The region should not be confused with "The Triad", which is the region directly west of the Triangle. Most of the Triangle is represented by, and closely associated with, the second, fourth and thirteenth congressional districts.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Senior Board Member

My buddy washes trucks (tankers) over in bedford Park, IL at Carry transit. He says they've slowed down a lil bit too.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:51 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I don't know of any segment of the trucking business that hasn't been affected by this economy. We sometimes forget about all the support industries that are funded by this business.