User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2009, 03:02 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I read that wrong. I cannot tell you what NYC pay is, I have not delivered into NYC. Each load will pay differently, whatever contract was negociated. O/O and L/O who are treated exactly the same would get 65% of that. OD loads going into NYC pay quite well, this is on top of your mileage, FSC, tarp fees. I ran with one driver who made $500.00 for about 15 minutes work on an OD load. I know that isn't, exactly, what you are asking, sorry I couldn't be more help. Maybe in a couple of month after I have done a few I might be able to give you a better idea.
Old 04-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Well, here I sit at the Flying J in Matthews, MO. They keep offering me the same load, picking up from Memphis, TN and delivering to Marissa, IL. Short miles, but just over into the next pay scale. 415 miles @ $1.07 load pay $444.05. FSC $56.70. Tarp $150.

Total $650.75

I would have to sit all weekend, on the other hand I could be sitting here all weekend with a load.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar View Post
Well, here I sit at the Flying J in Matthews, MO. They keep offering me the same load, picking up from Memphis, TN and delivering to Marissa, IL. Short miles, but just over into the next pay scale. 415 miles @ $1.07 load pay $444.05. FSC $56.70. Tarp $150.

Total $650.75

I would have to sit all weekend, on the other hand I could be sitting here all weekend with a load.
I am sitting in MO today too. Earth City to be exact. Started loading @07:00 this morning and still have a couple hours to go. Rediculous!!!! Only good thing is it goes to Chandler, AZ. for Monday morning.
This just confirms on how much I hate minorites work ethics. They drag their ass all day then at 5:00 they will bust their ass so they can hit the bar, and I can fight all the traffic.
Old 04-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar View Post

Total $650.75

Something you might think about...on that type of an offer. It positions you in an area with better freight .... so better offers, behind it.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Something you might think about...on that type of an offer. It positions you in an area with better freight .... so better offers, behind it.
I do think about those things, but it is so close to where I am right now, I would be getting the same load offers.

I have been holding out all day for a weekend run. Looked hopeless. I jumped on a load offer from Menomonee Falls, WI to Milford, UT. I have to stop by our yard in Gary, IN to pick up a trailer. This will be my first time pulling a RGN.

I wanted to get out of the North East where I was for the last few days and all the load offers last night and today were taking me back to the the Northeast, so I jumped all over a load to UT. I was resigned to loose money sitting over the weekend, because the load doesn't pick up until Monday morning and delivers Thursday.

I called the shipper, anyway, and they will take me Saturday morning at 0700, and thanked me for being early and the consignee will take me whenever I get there. So, I went from loosing money sitting all weekend to making money, able to load next week and get out West. Now life will be complete if I can only find a Starbucks Coffee on the way.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:06 AM
Senior Board Member

I was on the way to pick up the RGN when I received a qualcomm message that the load was cancelled. Very disappointing. I ended up continuing to Mt. Vernon, IL. Now I have no load for the weekend, a slim possibility I might get a load tomorrow, picking up on Monday. I wouldn't get lay over pay if that happens before noon. Plus now I will not get my 34 hour restart.

Maybe on Monday I'll find out what happened.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Board Regular

What happened? They found someone closer with a RGN or they brokered it out.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:00 AM
Default What?

Posted by DOLLARSHORT - "This just confirms on how much I hate minorites work ethics." WHAT?

Last time I checked every ethinicity was lazy. Not Just Minorites!!! What kind of statement is that to make. What's wrong with people?
Old 04-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollarshort View Post
I am sitting in MO today too. Earth City to be exact. Started loading @07:00 this morning and still have a couple hours to go. Rediculous!!!! Only good thing is it goes to Chandler, AZ. for Monday morning.
This just confirms on how much I hate minorites work ethics. They drag their ass all day then at 5:00 they will bust their ass so they can hit the bar, and I can fight all the traffic.
Simular to a situation I was in a few years ago. I has at the port in Houston, we arrived early in the morning and checked in. We waited all day for them to find our load. Everyone was moving slowly. Evidently, they work by the hour. This was on a Friday, payday. At noon I never saw such activity. Everyone was running to get their paycheck. After lunch it was back to the same slow pace. Then, once again, at just before 1700 the pace picked up again. They, absolutly, had to be out of the port by 1700, so did we, loaded or not. They, just happened to find our load, about 20' from where we sat all day.
Old 04-05-2009, 08:44 AM

Yeah, that Houston port needs a big sign out front that says hurry up and wait because we sure aint gonna hurry up and get you out of here.