User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2009, 01:37 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Return Load To Broker Question?

Does anyone know if brokers keep a tally of loads that are returned to them by carriers? Sometimes as carriers, your destination load falls through, mechnical problems arise or etc. I was just wondering if brokers hold that against you or even keep a data base!

"Big Red One" , 3rd ID, 82nd Airborne, Recondo, Jumpmaster, & Drill Sergeant

OOIDA
Old 02-01-2009, 03:34 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Some may keep track, but they understand that sometimes things happen. Some brokers would not think twice about cancelling a load if they find a carrier who will take it for less money. Most brokers would not hold it against you unless you told them at the last minute and it was a HOT load.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Yes I believe they do.

Three times I've been told that they checked me out;
1. "Have you done business with us...yes? OK just let me check here......uh huh....OK...yep everybody loves you. I'll fax you a rate agreement."
2. "Are you XX approved? Yes, OK. Have you dropped any loads? No....OK then give me your call back number".
3. Once I got a rate agreement and they canceled the load afterward. They checked my file on an old load that I pulled for them. They found a fax I sent them telling the dispatcher it's LTL so don't call me every 2 hours wanting to know where the truck is.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:00 AM

Okay Thanks GMAN! I started to PM you an ask, but I am glad you answered anyway! Freight out of Chicago (flatbed) seems to be picking up on Mondays and Tuesdays!

"Big Red One" , 3rd ID, 82nd Airborne, Recondo, Jumpmaster, & Drill Sergeant

OOIDA
Old 02-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I am glad to hear freight is picking up a little in Chicago, pigrider. I have not had a problem with brokers not giving me a load because of any ill will or past experiences with me. In fact, my experience has been right the opposite. I have had many brokers call with loads due to past experience with them. I don't cancel a load once I commit even if I find one that pays more. It is bad business. If the load doesn't pay enough then I don't take it. I know there are brokers who will cancel a load if they find a carrier to haul it for less but I feel that you are only as good as your word. If I give my word then I do everything possible to keep it. That doesn't mean that there could not be a delay with a breakdown or snow storm, but if that happens you stay in touch with the shipper, broker or receiver and things usually work out. Communication is critical. People are usually understanding if you keep them apprised of what is going on. They get upset when you are unavailable or don't answer the telephone.