Looking for a good 255/70r22.5 tire

Old 01-31-2009, 04:24 PM
Senior Board Member

I wouldn't run Chinese junk rubber on my truck, In this world you get what you pay for.

I agree, plus remember you get NO casing credit on China tires, so you have to add in the 50 buck or so casing credit to the cost, one road call on a china tire and you loose any savings you think you had.

China tires are garbage.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I have had problems with Goodyear standing behind their work. They don't. The only tire that has stood by their work is Ching Ching made in China. It is the ONLY one whether made in the U.S. or not that has stood by their work. Actually, it was my distributor who made good on the tire. I had a problem with 3 Goodyear tires that should have been warrantied. They refused. That was about 10 years ago. I haven't bought a Goodyear tire since. Most of these tire companies won't stand behind their tires. I don't want to buy Chinese tires but they are at least 1/3 cheaper than those made here in the U.S. I figure that even if they don't stand behind them that I haven't lost anything. If U.S. tire manufacturers stood behind their products the way they should and reduced their prices I would be more inclined to buy them. I can buy a new Ching Ching, Cooper or a few other brands for $189 from my distributor. That is a 255/22.5 tire. I have bought 2 Bridgestones that cost about $350 each at national tire discount. I get as good or better wear out of the imports for about 1/2 the price. These manufacturers go with the cheapest price to haul their freight. It only makes sense to do the same when it comes to buying products for my truck.

Old 02-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Board Regular

Agreed. Bought 4 of the Continental closed shoulder steers (for my spread). Paid a premium for them and was told the "wear like steel on a spread axle". They don't. They suck.

Anyway, had one seperate on me. Had a baseball sized bubble on the outside edge of the tread. It was not an impact bruise either. Tire dealer made it good, then charged me back when Continental (General) denied an adjustment PLUS charged me shipping the tire to the factory and them shipping it back. I will NEVER own another General.

Had similar problems with Goodyear tires. Tread flies off in 1500 miles, well, you ran it underinflated. Which i do NOT!

Old 02-07-2009, 05:57 AM
Rookie

My step came with Bridgestone R194 255/70-22.5's when I bought it new.They last well got 125,000 miles on the front axle running 95psi and got 100,000 miles on the rear axle running 95psi.Bridgestones come with 12/32nd's of rubber and I did some research and found that the Yokahama in the same size came with 18/32nd's and was about $50 a tire cheaper.I put the Yokahama tires on in Oct. of 07' and have 130,000 miles on them as of this week and when I checked the tread depth I had 12/32nd's across the front axle(which is what the Bridgestones come with new) and have 9/32nd's across the back axle ran with 95psi with no funny wear or cupping yet and have not rotated the tires ( going to do that this week) with a dump valve on the back axle the trailer is a 06' wilson combo step.

Old 03-05-2009, 01:01 AM
Senior Board Member

I can get:

Kelly KTSA for $277
Michelin XZE for $358
Goodyear G104 for $337

all in Canadian. I think I'll go with the Goodyears.

Reply Subscribe