User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2009, 02:07 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

No he didn't get out that day, he averages 2 to 3 days waiting, I really think he's going to tell them he's gone, it has been like this at Mercer since Thanksgiving.

My friend Pat is on the Schneider percentage pay, and he keeps moving, he said the rates have gone a little soft, but he's still averaging $1.20, BUT he stays out 3 to 4 weeks (single) so he has VERY low deadhead, plus he goes ANYWHERE, even into NYC, if the rates right ($2.12 for NYC).

He takes the CLOSEST load to where is is empty, most of the time he reloads where he drops, he knows how to work their system, and make it work for him.
Old 01-31-2009, 02:24 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
No he didn't get out that day, he averages 2 to 3 days waiting, I really think he's going to tell them he's gone, it has been like this at Mercer since Thanksgiving.

My friend Pat is on the Schneider percentage pay, and he keeps moving, he said the rates have gone a little soft, but he's still averaging $1.20, BUT he stays out 3 to 4 weeks (single) so he has VERY low deadhead, plus he goes ANYWHERE, even into NYC, if the rates right ($2.12 for NYC).

He takes the CLOSEST load to where is is empty, most of the time he reloads where he drops, he knows how to work their system, and make it work for him.

yeah he keeps moving but his rates are cheap! SNI likes drivers like him who will move cheap freight. Most rates for SNI have dipped below 1.10pm. w/FSC!!! Thats part of problem they lease trucks to drivers and in order to make that payment they move any freight(not saying one way or another ur friend is in this boat). The volume has gone up with SNI freight...but thats not good if the rates are still 1.10 at best with the FSC
Old 01-31-2009, 03:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel27208 View Post
yeah he keeps moving but his rates are cheap! SNI likes drivers like him who will move cheap freight. Most rates for SNI have dipped below 1.10pm. w/FSC!!! Thats part of problem they lease trucks to drivers and in order to make that payment they move any freight(not saying one way or another ur friend is in this boat). The volume has gone up with SNI freight...but thats not good if the rates are still 1.10 at best with the FSC
I am depressed everyday because of the dedicated account I am doing right now only pays $1.48 a mile. I guess it could be worse huh?

Old 01-31-2009, 04:09 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan View Post
I am depressed everyday because of the dedicated account I am doing right now only pays $1.48 a mile. I guess it could be worse huh?
exactly!! most drivers are "bragging" cause the average 1.20-1.30per mile.....im complaining!!
Old 01-31-2009, 04:13 PM
Senior Board Member

No, he's not in that boat, his truck is HIS, and not thru them, biggest point here is now is NOT the time to be jumping around job to job, freight is SLOW everywhere, and every time you move it costs YOU money.

Remember the recruiter will tell you ANYTHING you want to hear, he gets his($$$) once you sign, so he really doesn't care, the fact that anyone will hire now is beyond me.

You will NOT be hired at any of the Dana companies now, and probably not anytime this year, chemicals are slow and the fact that Dana won't put anyone on, shows they at least care for who is here.

As far as rates go, they are all pretty much way down everywhere, notice how easy it is to find parking?
Old 01-31-2009, 04:15 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
exactly!! most drivers are "bragging" cause the average 1.20-1.30per mile.....im complaining!!
Well $1.20 is better than nothing for some, not saying that it is great, but what good is $2.00 a mile and sitting 3 days waiting for it?
Old 01-31-2009, 06:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Well $1.20 is better than nothing for some, not saying that it is great, but what good is $2.00 a mile and sitting 3 days waiting for it?

past 3 weeks ive done just this...... because it does MY part when it comes to being part of the problem hauling cheap freight..

1182miles $2109

1213miles $1911

913miles $1902
Old 02-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
past 3 weeks ive done just this...... because it does MY part when it comes to being part of the problem hauling cheap freight..

1182miles $2109

1213miles $1911

913miles $1902

So than you can sit back and say YOU are not the cause of the cheap rate problem, while everyone else who will flex a little is busy.

My friend Pat made a shade over 12K in January, ran 9600 miles, not great, less than 5% deadhead, but he doesn't sit ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, how much does it cost you to sit?

And do you think you won't sit with a flat? I said it before, Flatbed rates in Internet Truckstop are CHEAPER than van freight, you better start talking to some flatbedders.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
So than you can sit back and say YOU are not the cause of the cheap rate problem, while everyone else who will flex a little is busy.

My friend Pat made a shade over 12K in January, ran 9600 miles, not great, less than 5% deadhead, but he doesn't sit ANYWHERE, ANYTIME, how much does it cost you to sit?

And do you think you won't sit with a flat? I said it before, Flatbed rates in Internet Truckstop are CHEAPER than van freight, you better start talking to some flatbedders.
yeah ive got a friend who is leased to landstar and says rates are not that great, a few from mercer have told me the same too.....i havent made my mind up and know options are slim. doesnt cost me anything to sit, truck is paid for and my home expenses are and at a minimum.

12k/9600miles not bad compared to others drivers ive ran into(talkn to them at SNI)