User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2008, 10:55 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Allen you might want to check out fasttrax deck. they run out of the peg, also tenold transport. there a deck outfit based in western canada. i ran home from toronto with one of there brokers who claimed that he did allright with them,
Old 01-07-2009, 12:27 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan donit View Post
Allen you might want to check out fasttrax deck. they run out of the peg, also tenold transport. there a deck outfit based in western canada. i ran home from toronto with one of there brokers who claimed that he did allright with them,
Allen I haul for Tenold but as far as I know they're not hiring and want new hires to have a truck 5 years or newer. Plus it's the same old problem they want expierence, but how do you get it? They don't offer training. I assume because they are 100% o/o and expect you to know what your doing before you start. I like Tenold and think they are a good company. So if you do manage to get into deck work and start to not like where you end up you might want to consider them after you get some expierence.

I know you posted this a couple months ago so I hope you've found a new contract already. I just wanted to add my 2 cents worth about Tenold. By the way they're owned by Mullen as is Payne.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Thanks for the advice CandianFTE.

I did end up going to Payne, and their "orientation" was a whole half hour. There may be one down the road.

Bought an East all aluminum step, getting another box put on(has a 16x16x60 on there adding a 16x16x72).

Finishing up the turbo swap, and headache rack install. Lots of work! Still have to get the truck striped. I should be on the road next week.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:11 AM
Rookie

I did end up going to Payne,

Glad to here you found a new home. Hope you find deck work fun and profitable! If I can give any advice, when in doubt more is better nobody ever got a ticket from a over secured load.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:06 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Thanks for the advice CandianFTE.

I did end up going to Payne, and their "orientation" was a whole half hour. There may be one down the road.

Bought an East all aluminum step, getting another box put on(has a 16x16x60 on there adding a 16x16x72).

Finishing up the turbo swap, and headache rack install. Lots of work! Still have to get the truck striped. I should be on the road next week.
I pull a dry van for MacKinnon Transport out of Guelph, ON and their flatbed division is much busier than dry van's. They pay 75% if you pull their trailer and 82% if you pull yours. If you have a front axle slider, you might get runs to western canada. I"m myself thinking of getting a f.a.s. flatbed with a rolling tarp system...

Watch my YouTube videos