User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2008, 09:06 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 2009 International Prostar Premium

The crappy truck I was driving before got the front end raked off by a fellow driver not paying attention to his trailer while pulling out of the dock so I get to drive this brand new truck with 25,000 miles.

It is very comfortable from a driving standpoint. The cab is quiet. The ride is smooth. There are lots of places to put things. The cup holders are awesome. The controls for the radio, cruise control and jake brake are all located on the steering wheel. Power everything except for the mirrors? I looked forever for power mirror control and just had to do it the old fashioned way.

Not sure of the sleeper size on this but is is pretty big. The bed is wider than most beds I have seen.

This truck is powered by a Cummins ISX 450 motor. Man that thing can scream up some hills. It seems to get some decent fuel economy. The other day I had 41,000 lbs from Somerset, PA to Langhorne, PA (243 mi.) most of the driving on the PA turnpike and averaged 6.6 MPG. I emptied in Langhorne and drove from there to Cambridge, OH and it brought the total trip MPG up to 7. The little screen that shows your odometer also keeps track of instant MPG and trip MPG.

Just thought I'd post about this truck since it's the nicest one I've driven.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:00 AM
Senior Board Member
Exclamation

The mirror control should be positioned on the dash, on the right side, just below the vent for heat/ac. Round knob that twists clockwise for left mirror, counter-clockwise for left mirror.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
The mirror control should be positioned on the dash, on the right side, just below the vent for heat/ac. Round knob that twists clockwise for left mirror, counter-clockwise for left mirror.

:boogey: Thanks Stan.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:48 AM

I cant wait to check out the new Lone Star..... it's going to be at the dealer here in NW Indiana on friday
Be careful backing into docks.... I have seen 3 of these Pro Star trucks rip/crush the side skirts covering the tanks because they sit so low and the dock ramp was at an angle :yikes:
Old 11-05-2008, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan View Post
The crappy truck I was driving before got the front end raked off by a fellow driver not paying attention to his trailer while pulling out of the dock so I get to drive this brand new truck with 25,000 miles.

It is very comfortable from a driving standpoint. The cab is quiet. The ride is smooth. There are lots of places to put things. The cup holders are awesome. The controls for the radio, cruise control and jake brake are all located on the steering wheel. Power everything except for the mirrors? I looked forever for power mirror control and just had to do it the old fashioned way.

Not sure of the sleeper size on this but is is pretty big. The bed is wider than most beds I have seen.

This truck is powered by a Cummins ISX 450 motor. Man that thing can scream up some hills. It seems to get some decent fuel economy. The other day I had 41,000 lbs from Somerset, PA to Langhorne, PA (243 mi.) most of the driving on the PA turnpike and averaged 6.6 MPG. I emptied in Langhorne and drove from there to Cambridge, OH and it brought the total trip MPG up to 7. The little screen that shows your odometer also keeps track of instant MPG and trip MPG.

Just thought I'd post about this truck since it's the nicest one I've driven.

I will either be getting a new Pro Star or Volvo here at Superior sometime in 09. Glad to hear they are nice trucks. Cant wait to get one.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgordon212 View Post
I cant wait to check out the new Lone Star..... it's going to be at the dealer here in NW Indiana on friday
Be careful backing into docks.... I have seen 3 of these Pro Star trucks rip/crush the side skirts covering the tanks because they sit so low and the dock ramp was at an angle :yikes:
I've noticed that. No problems backing. The trailer comes around real quick, nice turning radius.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgordon212 View Post

I saw one last week somewhere in VA. It was a day cab and man o man they look sweet. I instantly saw it on the opposite side of the road. Really stands out.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Senior Board Member

we just started getting them in 42" bed 73" sleeper. havn't been in one yet
Old 11-06-2008, 01:24 AM

Just saw 2 Lone Stars today pulling flats..... looked pretty sweet.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:56 AM
Senior Board Member

I'll be holding out till well after 2010 before getting anything new. the new urea injection cummins and detroit are going with for 2010 should allow for tuning the engine for better performance and economy because of having to use less EGR. Will wait for them to get the bugs worked out of the 1st couple of years and then take a look at the new trucks then. Still will be a little cautious. Maybe I'll just forget the whole idea and get a pre-egr 12.7 DDC or a pre-egr Cummins, rebuild it, and then slap it in a glider kit and not have to deal with the emissions debacle. Cheaper and less problems if I went that way.