User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2008, 05:11 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrange View Post
nobody sleeps for 10 hours but some of us need to sleep a little during the day!
We sir... have never met. I can easily sleep 10-12 hrs a day, but then again, I'm only 28
Old 10-31-2008, 06:47 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgordon212 View Post
Log it as you do it..... there is NO reason for you to go over the 14hr rule, and 11hrs is plenty of time to drive during the day. If you think otherwise and you use the excuse "i dont make any money if I dont push it the extra" then you need to find another job because your at the wrong place making the wrong amount of money

Just my .02 and i'm sure there will be plenty of you who disagree with me, but the point is to be safe and make it there, even if it's late, than not at all..... work smarter and not harder.

There's nothing unsafe about going over the 11/14 hr rule if you're not tired...and there is nothing that makes a driver running 100% legal rested and or safe ...Werner drivers run 100% legal 11/14/70 with to the minute legal breaks ...I guess Werner drivers must be the most well rested accident free drivers on the road and never has one ever had a wreck due to falling asleep at the wheel ...
Old 10-31-2008, 01:34 PM
Senior Board Member

"but the point is to be safe and make it there, even if it's late, than not at all....."

Thats why when I'm tired I sleep, and the 14 hour rule goes out the window, its worked for me for 35 years, why change it now?
Old 11-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgordon212 View Post
Log it as you do it..... there is NO reason for you to go over the 14hr rule, and 11hrs is plenty of time to drive during the day. If you think otherwise and you use the excuse "i dont make any money if I dont push it the extra" then you need to find another job because your at the wrong place making the wrong amount of money

Just my .02 and i'm sure there will be plenty of you who disagree with me, but the point is to be safe and make it there, even if it's late, than not at all..... work smarter and not harder.
Wow, one post and yet so many cliche's...:smokin:

So, you just look at your watch when you draw your lines, you don't do anything like, oh say, divide your miles by some preferred rate of speed and then just log that many hours?

I've finally met the guy who would stop just outside of Atlanta even though he just had a nap and he's wide awake but he's at his fourteen hours. You would do the right thing, you would wait ten hours and pass Atlanta at 8am...when it's safer... :bow:

Last edited by lowrange; 11-01-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Senior Board Member

amen to 'log it as you drive it'. No reason to 'fear' the feds using the Q-Comm to doublecheck your log book. If you have nothing to fear or hide, why worry about it? If you have to 'cheat' your book to make an extra $100 a week.....then by all means, worry about paying out a few thousand dollar tickets. Sure glad you made that extra money. =)
Old 11-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
amen to 'log it as you drive it'. No reason to 'fear' the feds using the Q-Comm to doublecheck your log book. If you have nothing to fear or hide, why worry about it? If you have to 'cheat' your book to make an extra $100 a week.....then by all means, worry about paying out a few thousand dollar tickets. Sure glad you made that extra money. =)
Another one who fills out his logbook by checking his wristwatch, good for you!

You didn't seem to notice that no one made an argument based on making a little extra money. But, I really am glad everytime you fill out your logbook you just look at your wristwatch and draw the line and that's that, by the book, good to go! :thumbsup:
Old 11-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Senior Board Member

not hardly. I give wal-mart 15 minutes on the books to unload my truck. then i am 'off duty'. dont care if it takes them 30 min, 45 min or an hour, my book will say 15 minutes. why would i want to burn up my 70hr with 15 min here and there. as long as i show im accurate on the drive line, i'm fine.

besides, why you giving me crap for logging legal for? you think you HAVE to cheat the books to earn the same amount of money you made last year? hardly think so.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin0915 View Post
not hardly. I give wal-mart 15 minutes on the books to unload my truck. then i am 'off duty'. dont care if it takes them 30 min, 45 min or an hour, my book will say 15 minutes. why would i want to burn up my 70hr with 15 min here and there. as long as i show im accurate on the drive line, i'm fine.

besides, why you giving me crap for logging legal for? you think you HAVE to cheat the books to earn the same amount of money you made last year? hardly think so.
Wait a minute, if you don't cheat, all you do is look at your wristwatch and draw the lines to whatever you watch says? What am I missing?
Old 11-01-2008, 10:04 PM
Board Regular
Question

Very ironic indeed that the new driver who just finished training is preaching logging to experienced O/Os....

Especially considering how he claims he is "logging legal", when IN THE VERY SAME POST he admits to fudging his numbers...What am I missing?
Old 11-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB985 View Post
Very ironic indeed that the new driver who just finished training is preaching logging to experienced O/Os....

Especially considering how he claims he is "logging legal", when IN THE VERY SAME POST he admits to fudging his numbers...What am I missing?
Nothing. You haven't missed one thing.