LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Typical government screwing me over

Today I received a letter:

Dear Mr. Simonson:

We have reviewed the medical report completed on your behalf.

This report was approved in support of your Manitoba driver's licence.

A further general medical report will be required in 5 years. You will be notified of this requirement when it becomes due.

A #1 restriction (corrective lenses) has been placed on your driver's licence. A licence will be mailed to you at a later date (I received the licence today as well, in a separate envelope)

If you should have a change in your medical condition, please be aware it is your responsibility to notify Medical Records immediately at the above address.

Thank you for your attention

Except here's the problem:

I have perfect 20/20 vision. What a bunch of retards, typical government. Tried calling them, after a few prompts it states "press 3 if you received a letter regarding your licence". So I push 3. "We cannot help you at this time, please contact the number on the letter". Except there's no ****ing number. "Or press 0 to speak to an operator".

Holding.... Get to whoever(forget his name) blah blah blah, yeah you'll have to talk to medical records. I'll patch you through, no give me the # first(boy am I happy I did this), and sure enough 30+ rings no answer.

So now I was booked out sunday, no chance of getting this fixed before then. We all know how happy American's are to sue. Called my company, they said no take care of this first before I go out.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I think that I would send them a letter whether you get in touch with them or not. When dealing with the government it helps to have a paper trail. If you have a copy of your medical which states that you have 20/20 vision, then I would also include a copy with your letter. You could send it over night to speed up the process. It helps if you have the name of an individual. If not, then I would still send something to the department who issued the letter you received.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
I think that I would send them a letter whether you get in touch with them or not. When dealing with the government it helps to have a paper trail. If you have a copy of your medical which states that you have 20/20 vision, then I would also include a copy with your letter. You could send it over night to speed up the process. It helps if you have the name of an individual. If not, then I would still send something to the department who issued the letter you received.

Gman is so correct. :thumbsup: Also, you might see if you can fax the documentation to expedite the process. Surf your state government website and look for a state phone book, if you can. The letterhead should tell you what state department and division. You can then look for a direct line to a person using the state phone book.

I would be happy to help you find a number if you want to PM me with the particulars. I am a past state employee and know my way around a bit.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:56 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: In my own little world, that rides right behind the cab.

From the looks of the post he is in Manitoba, think that is still in Canada so no state
Old 10-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Eagle View Post
From the looks of the post he is in Manitoba, think that is still in Canada so no state

True, not a state but rather a province and I did find him the number to fax the documents and PM'ed it. :clap:
Old 10-26-2008, 10:16 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: In my own little world, that rides right behind the cab.

The Canadians have some very strange laws and interpritations. Also after running thru there for 30 some years back and forth to Alaska, it is a very divided country. Seems like Quebec want's to be a colony of France, NS and Newfoundland want to join Greenland, Southern BC want's to be an English colony and Northern BC and Yukon want to join Alaska and form a new country