User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2008, 10:02 PM
BANNED
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Tradeshow haulers BC and Rev....

I just bid and got two loads for the upcoming SEMA show at the LVCC. Never done these before, they say that numbers are given out at 5 A.M. for load in ???? As a reefer/nursery hauler have I stepped in the deep bandini on this ????

Here is what I bid : 35k lbs each load in crates. 1040 miles one pick one drop, no touch $6250 plus waiting time at $40.00 per hour once the trucks check in.

??????

Was referred to this by a friend who works for the exhibit company....
Old 10-22-2008, 12:47 AM
Board Icon

I've never done trade show, but the numbers look good.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:54 AM
Senior Board Member

Sweet rate.

You'll be checking in at a marshalling yard before you go to the LVCC. DO NOT go straight to the convention center. Heed this advice!

Your drayage company should be given by the exhibitor house. It will be Freeman, GES, or Champion. All three have different yards, each of which I can give you directions to. Roach coach at each of them, so a.m. coffee and goodies available, and lunch too. No good places within walking distance.

Since you're loading out, no scale necessary. Your freight will not weigh 35K either

Numbers are handed out at 5am. Be in line at 4:30a.....trust me.

Don't expect to load at 6am. Expect 5am-noon the next day. Yup, you can sit all night until the next day. This show is a big event, we'll have at least 10 trucks there, all of which you can approach with questions.

LVCC has 3 loading areas- North hall, south hall, and central hall. They (drayage) will tell you where to go, and give you a piece of paper with directions. You'll be a few miles away. If you're at Champion's yeard, you're like 15-20 minutes away. It's retarded- south of Vegas 15 miles.

When it's your turn they will call you on the phone. Depending on which yard, they have fat guys in golf carts that will come find your truck. I use this time to sleep, they will beat on your door.