User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2008, 07:25 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Lemon Law for trucks???????

I bought a truck last September. I have put about 30k in repairs into this thing including total in-frame, new cam about 2 months after the rebuild, radiator, fifth wheel, my axle housing is cracked in 2 places and a bunch of other things that I cant remember at the moment. I just want to know if there is a law in Pa. that saves people that buy lemon trucks? I did buy the truck as is, but I did not think it was going to be like this. I asked the dealer for help and they wont do a darn thing for me. Its really frustrating!!!
Old 08-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Most states have a lemon law. However, if you bought the truck "as is" then I am not sure there is anything you can do about it. Didn't you check the truck out before buying it? I am curious as to whether the people who rebuilt the engine would have paid for the cam if it had to be replaced 2 months after the rebuild. I would think that would have been covered under warranty. Most re-builders will give you an engine warranty for about 100,000 miles.

Some people will replace the radiator, turbo and a number of other things when they do a rebuild. It just saves potential problems down the road. I am sorry this has been such an expensive venture for you. It sounds like you have had more than your share of expenses. At least you almost have a new truck now. You have gotten past the most expensive aspect of truck maintenance. All that is left are the rears and transmission. Hopefully, that won't happen for a while. What do you want the dealer to do? There are lawyers in Pennsylvania who specialize in lemon law. Let us know what happens.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Board Icon

Lemon laws only apply to new vehicles. It sounds like this was a used vehicle purchase.
Old 08-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Pennsylvania Lemon Law
Pennsylvania Lemon Laws and the federal Lemon Law (the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act) provide for compensation to Pennsylvania consumers of defective automobiles and trucks and other vehicles and products including motorcycles, RV’s, boats, computers and other consumer appliances and products. To qualify under the Pennsylvania Lemon Law or the federal Lemon Law, you must generally have a product that suffered multiple repair attempts under the manufacturer’s factory warranty. Lemon Law compensation can include a refund, replacement or cash compensation. If you think you qualify for a Lemon Law, click here for a free Pennsylvania Lemon Law case review or for an immediate evaluation, simply fax or email your repair records to 866-773-6152 or [email protected]. An experienced Lemon Law attorney will personally review your inquiry and records and quickly contact you for a free consultation.

For other useful Pennsylvania Lemon Law information, click here to visit the Pennsylvania State Lemon Laws Statutes and Guide pages. Or just keep reading below for the entire Pennsylvania Lemon Law, or click here to read the federal lemon law.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
To qualify under the Pennsylvania Lemon Law or the federal Lemon Law, you must generally have a product that suffered multiple repair attempts under the manufacturer’s factory warranty.
the truck was used and sold "AS IS" so NO Lemon Law

just bad luck and a good reason to ALWAYS have a used truck checked out before you BUY