User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I just spoke with someone at MyMembersEdge, which is OOIDA's version of DAT and she told me that most of the loads posted on OOIDA's load board should be the same as on the regular DAT board. She also told me that they are working to make all loads posted on the DAT board available on the OOIDA board with the next month or so. It might be worth it to subscribe to the OOIDA board rather than he DAT and save some money. The most expensive package they have on the OOIDA board is $71.95.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
I just spoke with someone at MyMembersEdge, which is OOIDA's version of DAT and she told me that most of the loads posted on OOIDA's load board should be the same as on the regular DAT board. She also told me that they are working to make all loads posted on the DAT board available on the OOIDA board with the next month or so. It might be worth it to subscribe to the OOIDA board rather than he DAT and save some money. The most expensive package they have on the OOIDA board is $71.95.
They do have a 30 free trial as well My Members Edge
Old 08-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Senior Board Member

I didn't see the team number mentioned on the sign up page but logged in and they mentioned it. Called up and got it but I was just looking at the membersedge thing by OOIDA and it's $2.00 cheaper and I'm sure the same thing. Probably better to use that one.

I might try it too, hell $2.00 a month can buy me 10 iced coffees in a year
Old 08-05-2008, 04:42 AM
Senior Board Member

I've been looking at Truckers Edge for the past few days comparing it to The Internet Truckstop and I consistently see that Truckers Edge only has 25% of the loads that The Internet Truckstop has. Maybe it's the area's I've been looking at but I don't think so and nothing was filtered out.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSteve
I've been looking at Truckers Edge for the past few days comparing it to The Internet Truckstop and I consistently see that Truckers Edge only has 25% of the loads that The Internet Truckstop has. Maybe it's the area's I've been looking at but I don't think so and nothing was filtered out.
I noticed the same thing. Some of the loads were different though. It also seemed to take the brokers a longer time to remove their posting which is annoying on both of those boards. I was calling brokers and they would say that load was taken and the listings were still posted a few hours later...
Old 08-06-2008, 03:04 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You will find that some brokers are not good about taking down their postings. I do think that there is a lag time, however.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Honestly Steve like I said I don't really use the board to search only to post. It seems to generate a lot of calls. But when I do search it does seem to have people that I don't see on ITS.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:32 AM
Senior Board Member

I dumped them also. I told them I was sick of watching 10 million ads load up instead of showing me what I wanted. They said it was a common complaint and that they were doing something about it. Well, it's been about 6 months and no change.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:40 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
It's expensive but I hear it's worth it. They wouldn't let me try it for even one day to make up my mind. They want you to get on the phone and they lead you through a preplanned demo. They won't leave you alone.

I tried their demo search and it's like your back in the 1970's. Their web page sucks big time and the sales person said every single person says the same thing and they have lost countless new people because of it. Me included. They said they are working on a new one but it's a major job.

I think Rankenstein uses it.
Yessir Stevo, I use a version of it called DATCONNECT. It costs about $120/month or something like that. I think they might have a $30 day money back guarantee. At least the Canadian version (Load Link) does because I got my money back before I signed up with DATconnect..