User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2008, 10:43 PM
BANNED
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default FYI for those that run thru Orygun....

ODOT does not fool around when it come to generating revenue... :lol:

Oregon to Enforce Weight Receipt & UCRA

7/28/2008
Starting January 1, 2009, the Oregon Motor Carrier Division will again be enforcing a requirement that motor carriers bear an Oregon weight-distance tax cab card called the weight receipt - in their vehicles.

According to the American Trucking Associations' "State Laws Newsletter," This requirement had been suspended for a time, since it conflicted with federal law, but amendments included in the recently enacted SAFETEA-LU Technical Corrections Act allow Oregon to reestablish its rule. (Many trucking companies never stopped carrying the receipt, since it was necessary to buy diesel fuel in Oregon tax-free at the pump.)

The state also announced that it will be enforcing the requirements of the Unified Carrier Registration Agreement as a part of motor carrier enforcement actions or vehicle inspections. This despite the fact that Oregon is not participating in the UCRA. The fine for failing to produce a weight receipt or for operating in Oregon without having paid UCRA fees will be $427. For more information, contact Bob Russell at the Oregon Trucking Association
Old 07-31-2008, 08:17 AM
Senior Board Member

I love reading the Oregon DOT news letter and all the people and companies who get fined. Many times I park in the weigh station for the night. I'm the only one at the end of the day and the only one there in the morning. I'm sure my plate is run through the computer 10 times during the night like a swarm of angry bees.
Old 07-31-2008, 03:27 PM

As far as I can tell, this will not affect out-of-state carriers who use a temporary pass when travelling through Oregon.

"Obtain a Temporary Pass - Pay highway-use taxes for the miles a truck will travel and get the $9 ten-day temporary pass you need to conduct a single round-trip through Oregon, or operate on a short-term lease agreement. Available for established motor carriers only. Need to get established? Complete an Application for Motor Carrier Permit and submit it to the ODOT Motor Carrier Division."
Old 07-31-2008, 05:21 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch_This
As far as I can tell, this will not affect out-of-state carriers who use a temporary pass when travelling through Oregon.

"Obtain a Temporary Pass - Pay highway-use taxes for the miles a truck will travel and get the $9 ten-day temporary pass you need to conduct a single round-trip through Oregon, or operate on a short-term lease agreement. Available for established motor carriers only. Need to get established? Complete an Application for Motor Carrier Permit and submit it to the ODOT Motor Carrier Division."
For out of state carriers who are not base plated here, you still need proof of the paid UCR fee with a temp. pass.

The weight per mile tax instead of fuel tax is the biggest scam there is. But leave it to our tax and spend liberals here to embrace it....
Old 07-31-2008, 06:25 PM

Yeah, that's a good point.

Independents- You can check your UCR status here:

http://safer.fmcsa.dot.gov/UCRQueryForm.aspx

And it doesn't hurt to keep the receipt in your truck.
Old 08-02-2008, 04:00 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Oregon has the highest fuel tax in the country. If you break it down according to the miles run you pay much more than California and Washington, which are among the highest in the U.S. It costs way too much to do business in Oregon for the rates they want to pay.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:03 AM
Senior Board Member

Truck is heading out to Oregon now (Woodburn). Pretty easy to just call up the DOT, give them the info and pay with a credit card. Just need to fax the permit to the driver so he can fuel up there. Since you have to pay the fuel tax might as well get the fuel or so I've been told.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:09 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

It depends on what fuel is selling for in Oregon and the surrounding states as to where you should by your fuel, Merrick. Sometimes it is less expensive to buy fuel in either Washington or California than Oregon once you figure in the fuel tax. You won't get any credit on fuel purchased in Oregon on your IFTA. I usually don't buy much fuel in Oregon.