User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2008, 08:51 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Truckers help needed to document fuel MPG

Drive55.org is asking Truckers to help out by documenting your mileage, speed, time and fuel consumption. We are all interested in how this affects your bottom line in the real world as this also impacts overall shipping costs nationwide. Please download a blank Real World Vehicle Efficiency Report form and make a few copies. Use the form to document your actual consumption and fax it in so we can publish the data. http://drive55.org/component/option,...id,2/Itemid,32

To encourage your participation I am offering free Drive 55 bumper stickers to Trucking professionals that want one. To get yours, please send me your name and mailing address through the contact form on the website.

Thank you for the difficult work you do, and for your support of Freedom from Foreign Oil, Energy Independence, and Liberty to Travel in America!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:29 PM
BANNED

No thanks..... I am guessing this is info is collected for trying to establish a nationial speed limit.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Rookie
Default I just want some volunteers

We are all interested in how this affects your bottom line in the real world as this also impacts overall shipping costs nationwide. It would be great if everyone would volunteer to save money and reduce climate change by slowing down, but some insist on wasting energy that American's are dying for so we may need state and/or national legislation. In fact, we already have speed limits and as many have pointed out they are not enforced. That is why I am asking for people to give this a try without waiting for politicians. Why line BIG OIL's pockets when you can make more by slowing down? Or can you? That is the point of the RWVER - to get it on paper so we KNOW how much truckers could save, or as some claim, lose. Should we wait for some government agency staffed by corporate lobbyists to do this? We know what they want to sell you - MORE FUEL! I'm just looking for some volunteers who want to help document the savings.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:19 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
reduce climate change
That righ there invalidates your claims.

If you want to preach 55 in order to save lives (it doesn't) or reduce oil consumption (that's debatable), that's one thing. But as soon as you bring up Preacherman Gore and his cash-cow global warming scam, you've lost all credibility.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:16 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Default Re: I just want some volunteers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive55
We are all interested in how this affects your bottom line in the real world as this also impacts overall shipping costs nationwide. It would be great if everyone would volunteer to save money and reduce climate change by slowing down, but some insist on wasting energy that American's are dying for so we may need state and/or national legislation. In fact, we already have speed limits and as many have pointed out they are not enforced. That is why I am asking for people to give this a try without waiting for politicians. Why line BIG OIL's pockets when you can make more by slowing down? Or can you? That is the point of the RWVER - to get it on paper so we KNOW how much truckers could save, or as some claim, lose. Should we wait for some government agency staffed by corporate lobbyists to do this? We know what they want to sell you - MORE FUEL! I'm just looking for some volunteers who want to help document the savings.

Count me out. To start with there is no proof that slowing down to 55 mph will change the climate. In fact, there is no actual proof that man made global warming even exists. Some are now saying that we are heading toward another ice age. They also stated that about the ice age 30 years ago. Now it is global warming. This planet constantly goes through climate changes. It is a cycle. It has gone on since the beginning of time. If we stopped all oil burning vehicles from moving it would not effect any climate changes. What all this does is make a lot of money for a handful of people and politicians.

About 30 years ago the Feds decided to institute a national speed limit of 55 mph. It didn't work then and it won't work now. What it will do is raise freight rates due to the slowing of commerce. I can't speak for others but I tend to nod off at 55. The last thing we need is to have a bunch of sleepy drivers going down the highway. It will cost a fortune to change all those signs across the country.

We don't need more legislation, nor do we need to have the government to step in and force us to put speed limiters on our trucks. If any owner wants to limit the speed of there trucks they are free to do so. All they need to do is reprogram the computer in their trucks.

I would like to know who you work for or represent. You already make some assumptions not based upon facts. You assume that there is global warming. You assume that slowing down will affect the climate. You assume that slowing down will save money. You assume that Americans are dying for oil. You assume that the government will enact legislation to limit speed. When you do legitimate market research you NEVER make assumptions. Your research will speak for itself. The way you are approaching this is to achieve the results you want. Based upon your postings I ASSUME that you plan on using any information gathered to push for a low national speed limit. I don't think this is in the best interest of this country or the trucking industry.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:16 AM
Default post

Well, Well, Well, amazing isn't it; truck drivers are as smart as everyone else and you tried to con data out of them. Data to be used against them at that! what a shame.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:17 AM
Board Icon

These same people claim on their website that the difference between 55 mph and 75 mph is 2 mpg. Since I go 70 on a regular basis and get 6 mpg, according to their "logic", if I slowed down to 50 mph, I'd be getting 8 mpg. :lol:
Old 07-22-2008, 04:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
These same people claim on their website that the difference between 55 mph and 75 mph is 2 mpg. Since I go 70 on a regular basis and get 6 mpg, according to their "logic", if I slowed down to 50 mph, I'd be getting 8 mpg. :lol:
If you slowed down to 50 you would get run over. More importantly grab your fire extinguisher your generator is on fire. AGAIN
Old 07-22-2008, 04:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
You would.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:01 AM
Senior Board Member

I just delivered a load into Los Angeles..did 57 both directions...my MPG went from 5.8 in Arizona...down to 4.3 in California...yep....55 is a great idea.

WAIT! I gotta keep my rpm's up to 1350 & 1450 to get good fuel mileage with the cruise!! Get rid of half the people who drive in California, and leave the roads for the trucks! Reduce fuel consumption and improve the air quality at the same time!!!!