User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2008, 11:53 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Help for Loss of Wages in Accident?

Does anyone know if the loss of wages from a accident would come under property damamge or liability?

Also, how would one go about finding a lawyer to represent me in this case since the accident happened 85 miles from my home, in a different county, but same state?

They are handling the loss of wages in TN, but accident happened in Alabama, does this sound right??

Any advice, suggestions, and wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:27 AM
Default Re: Help for Loss of Wages in Accident?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rick
Does anyone know if the loss of wages from a accident would come under property damamge or liability?

Also, how would one go about finding a lawyer to represent me in this case since the accident happened 85 miles from my home, in a different county, but same state?

They are handling the loss of wages in TN, but accident happened in Alabama, does this sound right??

Any advice, suggestions, and wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
I would look up one of those accident and injury lawyers in the phone book and retain them...a lawyer that is legal to practice law in your state can practice law anywhere in your state. They can also help you find out what's going on in TN and help you find counsel in TN.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:42 AM
Senior Board Member

HWD is right about the lawyer. If you have a lawyer that you have worked with before, take the questions to him/her.

Make sure that you take all the wage information with you that you can. Have at least the last 9 weeks prior to the accident, worth of settlement information. When they see how much you are losing, then you get more assistance, because it means they make more. Your gonna want the lawyer to make their fees part of the total setlement, so you don't give up anything.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:46 AM
Board Regular

I have not dealt with any lawyers, so would it be better to try and find one local, or get one that is where the accident happened.

Also does anyone know if the lawyers take the case on if I collect you get paid and if not then I don't get paid.

Never had to deal with all of this, and not sure about any of it except for that it is a mess.
Old 07-17-2008, 01:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rick
I have not dealt with any lawyers, so would it be better to try and find one local, or get one that is where the accident happened.

Also does anyone know if the lawyers take the case on if I collect you get paid and if not then I don't get paid.

Never had to deal with all of this, and not sure about any of it except for that it is a mess.
All you need to do is find a competent lawyer right there where you live. Ask friends...ask your insurance agent whom handles your car & house. Ask your banker.

Make sure that you take all the wage information with you that you can. Have at least the last 9 weeks prior to the accident, worth of settlement information. When they see how much you are losing, then you get more assistance, because it means they make more. Your gonna want the lawyer to make their fees part of the total setlement, so you don't give up anything.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:49 AM
Board Regular

Took off early today to get or find a lawyer, none will take the case unless I pay them out of my own pocket. I wanted to tell them if I could do that right now I wouldn't need the money that bad now would I.

It's funny, but all of them said they could take it if I was injured, which I was not.

Nationwide is going to pay, it is just a matter of time before it is all said and done.

Any advice and suggestions are still greatly needed and APPRECIATED!!
Old 07-20-2008, 01:59 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Insurance companies don't usually give you a problem taking care of the property damage. It is the loss of income that they will fight you. I had two different drivers take the hood off of one of my trucks. The first company worked with me and I felt dealt fairly. The second gave me a problem. In talking with an attorney I was advised to take their offer because by the time I paid him I would likely not be any better off. Basically, I settled for what I would have made as a company driver just to get it over with. To this day I will NEVER have Great West Insurance. If you can prove your net income it will be much easier to deal with the insurance company. They may still fight with you on a settlement. Different insurance companies will deal with this much differently.