User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2008, 01:02 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

On occasion, I've come across road crews staffed entirely by women, each one working her butt off. And a few times, I've even chanced upon road crews comprising of both men and women, where the boss man was actually a woman. Up in the oilpatch near Fort McMurray, quite a few of the monster dump trucks ( the ones whose tires alone are as tall or taller than a regular truck ), are driven by women.

And then ofcourse....one of my trainers back at truck driving school, was this prim & proper woman in her early 40s, who drives log trucks for a living.....now, pulling those beasts with a super b configuration, up and down the bush roads in the mountains of western Alberta, in the dead of winter.....I honestly don't think that very many truck drivers have either the cojones or the ability to do that.

Finally, we have our very own Arctic and ice-road expert WildKat ( not to forget Lady NorthStar ), who know a thing or two about driving in adverse conditions.

Despite being a man myself, I couldn't help but feel good about the fact that women are now catching up.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:54 AM
Board Regular

I invented a game called DOT bowling, when you get next to a work crew standing around you give them a blast of your horns and count how many drop their shovels and thats how many pins you got, if one jumps out of the way also counts for a pin, if one falls down you have a strike and if they knock down one or more of their coworkers you have a double or a turkey.Works best when they are standing near the wall with their backs to you. :lol:
Old 06-25-2008, 04:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct77
I invented a game called DOT bowling, when you get next to a work crew standing around you give them a blast of your horns and count how many drop their shovels and thats how many pins you got, if one jumps out of the way also counts for a pin, if one falls down you have a strike and if they knock down one or more of their coworkers you have a double or a turkey.Works best when they are standing near the wall with their backs to you. :lol:
I knocked a hard hat off the other day. 50 mph zone and He was standing on the dotted line looking at his toes and the wind from my trailer blew his hat clean off. THEN, he starts to go after it but he stopped....good thing too 'cuz there was another truck behind me. He would've been dead.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:58 AM
Board Regular

I ithought up the game but I have never been foolish enough to play it,even though everytime it is tempting!!! Golf courses though are a different matter if no other cars are around and i see a backswing I just gotta do it. :P
Old 06-26-2008, 06:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct77
I ithought up the game but I have never been foolish enough to play it,even though everytime it is tempting!!! Golf courses though are a different matter if no other cars are around and i see a backswing I just gotta do it. :P
HA HA HA, your not the only one who's thought about that!!!

Remember Caddy Shack? Cough......Noonun
Old 06-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Senior Board Member

:roll:
Old 06-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymist
On occasion, I've come across road crews staffed entirely by women, each one working her butt off. And a few times, I've even chanced upon road crews comprising of both men and women, where the boss man was actually a woman. Up in the oilpatch near Fort McMurray, quite a few of the monster dump trucks ( the ones whose tires alone are as tall or taller than a regular truck ), are driven by women.

And then ofcourse....one of my trainers back at truck driving school, was this prim & proper woman in her early 40s, who drives log trucks for a living.....now, pulling those beasts with a super b configuration, up and down the bush roads in the mountains of western Alberta, in the dead of winter.....I honestly don't think that very many truck drivers have either the cojones or the ability to do that.

Finally, we have our very own Arctic and ice-road expert WildKat ( not to forget Lady NorthStar ), who know a thing or two about driving in adverse conditions.

Despite being a man myself, I couldn't help but feel good about the fact that women are now catching up.
Thanks Graymist for the compliments... The trainer you had wouldn't have been Bobbi would it? Calls herself a "bush bunny" :lol: :lol: Her & I go way back!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 06-30-2008, 12:08 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymist

Thanks Graymist for the compliments... The trainer you had wouldn't have been Bobbi would it? Calls herself a "bush bunny" :lol: :lol: Her & I go way back!
I'm pretty sure, though not absolutely, that that was her name. Was she with Capilano Truck Driving School off 50th st & 92 ave ?