User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2008, 05:18 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default What A Day Yesterday

As I have posted before I have been driving with a guy I went to driving school with. He bought a truck while we were still in school. He thinks he knows everything about everything and won't listen to anyone so I stopped trying to suggest anything along time ago.

We were in Denver and everytime you would accelerate the truck would vibrate bad. We stopped and I crawled under the truck and shook the drive shafts and the back U-joint was bad so I told him he needed a new one. He said no I think it's the transmission so he calls Volvo and the tell him to bring it in tomorrow. I told him I was wasn't waiting till tomorrow for his stupidity and if he would stop and get u-joint I could put it in. Not the u-joint he said LOL We stopped to eat and there was a small shop there I said have them look at it so he finally agreed and they put the new u-joint in for $300

We get going again and I am driving through Nebraska and the fuel light came on 3 times (fuel gauge doesn't work) so I said are we going to stop for fuel he said no I measured it and we got enough to get to Des Moines. We were delivering a car in Lincoln then he would have cash for fuel. Just east of York Ne. chug chug chug out of fuel LOL I couldn't help but laugh at him. He calls Petro in York and they come out and put 30 gallons in and prime the filters and get it running again $269

He wants to drive so we deliver the car in Lincoln and head east. I go to the sleeper and i'm playing on the internet. The scale was open and hear him pull onto the scale and the next thing I hear is someone yelling in the window " Are you blind?" "Do you know what the red light means?" "Why did you run the red light?" Of course mr know it all had to get smart with the DOT officer and tell him the light was green. Pull the truck over to garage door and gather all your paperwork and log book. They did the level 1 inspection and put the truck out of service for the slack adjusters on the trailer and a air leak on the compressor. The DOT officer was ripping him up for everything and mr know it all was saying take it easy on me I have had a bad day. LOL I had to cover my head with a pillow because I was laughing so hard. He goes inside and is in there for a hour and I'm thinking this is going to be a long day. He comes out and says they want your license and log book. He takes my stuff and goes back inside. (I log exactly what I do as I do it and never look at his log so I wasn't really worried.) He told them inside he ran out of fuel earlier and please take it easy....They said ran out of fuel huh, you don't have it logged so he told them he wasn't driving and that's why they wanted my log book. I had the running out of fuel logged as a breakdown. There is a knock on door and officer said sorry to bother you but I didn't want to scare you. He put a "truck out of service" Driver out of service" sign on the window. i thought this isn't going to be good when he comes out because he had driven only 20 miles or so for the day. Here he comes stomping out screaming and yelling "I got hosed" He got fined for not having a page in his log for off duty days. He just finished 1 day of logs and took 3 days off and started the new page when we started again and never noted the off duty days. When he started driving he drew a line over 2 hours for the day and was at the scale a hour after starting driving. He got fined a total of $185 and put out of service for 10hrs for his log book

There was a service truck working on other trucks behind the scalehouse so he had them come over and adjust the slack adjusters and fix the air leak $75

I took the signed fix it papers back into the scalehouse and they released the truck. I started driving and got back in line to go across the scales and got the red light and nothing more so I sat there and finally a officer came out and I thought oh no now what. He said just checking to see who is driving.

I only had 2hrs I could drive and when we stopped for fuel I pulled the truck over and parked it. He started yelling what are you doing and I told him I was out of hours. He said come on we are only 2hrs from home you can make it, I told him not worth it to me and if he wasn't so smart and would listen we would be home by now. So we sat for 10 hours 2 hours from home.

We get home and he writes me a check and says don't cash it because it isn't any good. I think I am done with with this cheap ride along LOL
Old 05-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Senior Board Member

God Lord.

Sorry for your lesson in trucking 303.

Now...please expound....give a detailed description of this particular "Bozo's" truck, including the name, so those of us whom can, will be capable of avoiding him.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Consider yourself lucky to be able to get away from this guy. He sounds like nothing but trouble.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Always love hearing about the "competition" :lol: