Old 05-05-2008, 06:15 PM
BANNED
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default T/A and Petro to accept TCH card

From Truckinginfo dot com

TA Settles Payment Card Lawsuit

5/5/2008
TravelCenters of America has agreed to settle a civil antitrust suit brought against it by Flying J and its affiliates.

Simultaneously, TA announced that it will enter arrangements by which TCH LLC, an affiliate of Flying J, will process payment card transactions on the TCH electronic platform. TA will pay $5 million to Flying J and its affiliates in connection with these matters.

In February 2006, Flying J and affiliates sued TA, alleging the company had conspired with others to refuse to process payment card transactions using the TCH electronic processing platform. The TCH platform is operated by TCH LLC, which is majority owned by Flying J. This litigation continued after TA became a publicly owned company in early 2007.

TA and its predecessor have spent approximately $8 million in legal fees and other costs related to this litigation. As a result of the settlement, TA and the plaintiffs in the pending litigation intend to dismiss the pending litigation against TA and to exchange releases.

Simultaneously with the litigation settlement, TA will enter an agreement to process payment card purchases using the TCH electronic platform. TA expects that TCH payment cards will be accepted at all TA locations, including locations branded "TravelCenters of America," "TA" and "Petro Stopping Centers."

TA locations will continue to accept payment cards using electronic platforms other than TCH as they have in the past.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:33 AM
Board Icon
Default Re: T/A and Petro to accept TCH card

Quote:
In February 2006, Flying J and affiliates sued TA, alleging the company had conspired with others to refuse to process payment card transactions using the TCH electronic processing platform.
And yet Flying J continues to snub its nose at Comdata and Mastercard. :roll:
Old 05-06-2008, 01:38 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
In February 2006, Flying J and affiliates sued TA, alleging the company had conspired with others to refuse to process payment card transactions using the TCH electronic processing platform.
This gives me great pleasure.... :lol: :lol: Flying J does not take Visa on the truck side, they do take Mastercard though....
Old 05-06-2008, 01:40 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
This gives me great pleasure.... :lol: :lol: Flying J does not take Visa on the truck side, they do take Mastercard though....
I thought they stopped taking Mastercard. My bad. I don't fuel there, so I wouldn't know.
Old 05-07-2008, 05:06 AM
Senior Board Member

What is the deal with that TCH card anyway? We stopped fueling there approx a month and a half ago because the only way we could get a discount was to pay cash or pre pay. So now they want our business back and I see there is an application on the fax m/c tonight. The fine print reads $.01/gallon rebate. Is that correct? I hope not because that's an insult.