User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2008, 02:08 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Fuel caps

Are there any companies in the US, that offer capped fuel rates to their owner / ops ?
Old 03-29-2008, 02:36 AM
Senior Board Member

I was expecting a question about fuel tank caps As far as I know, which I'm not 100% sure about here at Marten the fuel surcharge for contractors is a penny per mile for every 6 cents over $1.25 per gallon the national average price of fuel is for each week. I haven't thought about it that much but I guess if your truck is getting 6 mpg than you would be paying about $1.25 depending on where you got fuel. I might be figuring it wrong though ? It's been a long day 8) 8)
Old 03-29-2008, 11:38 AM
Default Re: Fuel caps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymist
Are there any companies in the US, that offer capped fuel rates to their owner / ops ?
I have been looking at alot of companys and the one's that do allways have a down side and you pay more for other things. I want to put my truck on the road but it has to make me money. So you have to get the rate you need to run your truck. I figure .95 cpm to run my truck and will not and can not run her for less then 1.95 cpm and 100% FSC to the truck. At this time hooking up with a company is the best way for me to go. You have to look at every thing.. The rate your getting, FSC,Tolls and if you run a load say from De to Ct and pay $100 in tolls,you don't want to dead head back,will the company let you find your own laod back? or did the 3.00 cpm trip become 1.50cpm ? I may not know my A$$ from a hole in the ground,But if my truck can't make me money then maybe I should sell the truck and buy a sailboat.
Old 03-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Most carriers have a fuel surcharge which should keep fuel costs at a fixed amount. The better carriers should have a surcharge which changes weekly to reflect current fuel prices, depending on their contracts with shippers. Some only change monthly. If you are leased to a carrier that only adjusts their fsc monthly, you could be caught short if fuel takes an abrupt and high spike. I would make sure that any carrier to whom you lease passes all of the fsc on to their owner operators.