Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2008, 06:24 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_ca_la
So many jealious of only 1 person . Not being able to be independent and haft to be only a leased on driver n not a true OO really gets to you people I see !!! Seeing a person successfull out on their own when you don't have the inteligence to do the same yourself is more than you can handle so you ""TRY"" to belittle others to make yourselves look better only to show your ignorance of the whole arrange-ment !!!
http://www.hookedonphonics.com
Old 03-19-2008, 06:25 AM

Admit it, you guys. You all miss Steve...
Old 03-19-2008, 12:15 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch_This
Admit it, you guys. You all miss Steve...
Every day. I haven't slept in months, or since whenever it was that he got kicked out of here. I don't remember. :lol:
Old 03-19-2008, 12:48 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Oh give it up, Ash. The pictures were mild compared to the hash-slinging done in the past, including by Steve himself.

:roll:

Steve can come back for all I care, though he'll do it with a new screen name as per the rules we've always adhered to. That's simply the price you pay for being a jackass.

In the end, what's done is done. Move beyond it for cryin' out loud.

Old 03-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Oh give it up, Ash. The pictures were mild compared to the hash-slinging done in the past, including by Steve himself.

:roll:

Steve can come back for all I care, though he'll do it with a new screen name as per the rules we've always adhered to. That's simply the price you pay for being a jackass.

In the end, what's done is done. Move beyond it for cryin' out loud.
If I was him I wouldn't even consider it after your attack !!! You don't realize who I am n what I do -- do ya ??? I'm the HCS (Head of Civilian Security ) for Sully Compound at Sather Air Base in Baghdad Iraq . I work on a daily basis with people like BlackWater n other PST (Private Security Groups) to bring US Gov officials in n out of Baghdad . This is why I have taken such a intrest in this attack by you agienst another person and myself . I react quickly to this sort of thing due to my current status n daily routine. I didn't see the need of it and still don't . I think your way to one sided and don't decerve to be a moderator . You being a moderator you should not choose sides when 2 people are doing the same thing ??? I told you I would pursue this with Lee and thats exactly what I'm doing . When you threatened me repeatedly that caused my problem with you ""sir"" and I will finish it . So go ahead n threaten me again if that makes you feel better ? I noticed your still callin the other person names ??? Is this what you job is all about ??? Callin people names n trying to exercise some muscle that you ""think"" you have ??? You a very very poor excuse for any kind of a so called moderator !!!
Old 03-19-2008, 04:06 PM
Senior Board Member

I don't know about TF's muscle......but here is mine.......

Say bye! :wink:
Old 03-19-2008, 07:17 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

*sigh*

I don't understand why this is so difficult to understand. :?

Quote:
If I was him I wouldn't even consider it after your attack !!!
Is it just because you're in Iraq that everything is an alleged "attack?" Booth was banned not because he and Rev couldn't get along, but because of his ongoing attempts to undermine the board leadership. Bottom line is, you don't have to like the mods, but the mods are the mods and the ones in charge. They make decisions based on the interests of the board population. We're tasked to keep things running as smoothly as possible and that entails banning people at times. We don't like to do it, but we reserve the right to ban to keep the board running smoothly.

Jeff and Lucinda were fond of saying that your free speech begins and ends with the T.O.S. You may review those board rules here:

http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/rules.php

In particular, see this point:

Quote:
3. Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Only do this if a moderator team member has not replied within 6 hours. Members who consistenly "act" as moderators may be warned.
Booth and now you, have been warned a number of times, up to the point where banning was the only viable solution. That's not on us...that's on you guys.

Regarding the issues between Booth and his detractors, those issues were dealt with. The problem was that he could not accept the moderator's decisions and chose to cause problems for the board, which we have been dealing with for a week now.

Quote:
You don't realize who I am n what I do -- do ya ??? I'm the HCS (Head of Civilian Security ) for Sully Compound at Sather Air Base in Baghdad Iraq . I work on a daily basis with people like BlackWater n other PST (Private Security Groups) to bring US Gov officials in n out of Baghdad .
I really don't care if your the Vice President of the United States. When you are on this board, you are a member just like everyone else. You are no more or less important than anyone else. And you are subject to the SAME rules as everyone else. This is not a difficult concept.

Quote:
This is why I have taken such a intrest in this attack by you agienst another person and myself .
When you can point out anywhere that you've been attacked, be sure to let us know. What you are saying is akin to you getting busted by a cop for speeding and given a ticket, then turning around and claiming that the ticket is an "attack." This is a messagboard...not Iraq.

Quote:
I react quickly to this sort of thing due to my current status n daily routine. I didn't see the need of it and still don't .
Well, at least we agree on something because I see no need for your pointless ranting about things, either.

Quote:
I think your way to one sided and don't decerve to be a moderator .
You are free to think what you like...no one is curtailing your right to freedom of thought. Where Booth, and now you, have crossed the line is in making problems for the board in general. Decisions are made, even decisions that people don't agree with. But you have no choice but to accept those decisions or move on somewhere else. You have no idea what kind of a headache it is to be a moderator having to deal with garbage like this.

Quote:
You being a moderator you should not choose sides when 2 people are doing the same thing ???
And you would be wrong...again. We've covered this. The problem was not the tit for tat between Booth and Rev. The problem was how Booth choose to pursue his disagreement with the moderator team for not giving him what he wanted.

Quote:
I told you I would pursue this with Lee and thats exactly what I'm doing . When you threatened me repeatedly that caused my problem with you ""sir"" and I will finish it . So go ahead n threaten me again if that makes you feel better ?
Threaten?!? :roll: :roll: :roll: You've been in Iraq too long. Dan can peruse all the threads and I have saved all the PM correspondance from you, which I will happily forward to him at his request.

Quote:
I noticed your still callin the other person names ???
I called Steve a jackass because that's how he was acting and what led to his banning. I won't back down from that statement, either.

Quote:
Is this what you job is all about ??? Callin people names n trying to exercise some muscle that you ""think"" you have ??? You a very very poor excuse for any kind of a so called moderator !!!
As I said, you are more than welcome to your thoughts. I'm certainly not going to lose any sleep over your feelings about me. :roll: But my job, and Ridge's job, and Scoe's and the rest of the mod team is to ensure this board runs smoothly. Up until this past week, we haven't had any serious board issues for somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 years or so. We have taken what steps were needed to be taken to quell this little uprising and bring about another 3 years or so of peace and prosperity.

Now, you can either live with that, calm yourself down and understand your place in the CAD messageboard world, and come back with a new name and strive to be part of a decent, if sometimes mildly disfunctional family. Or you can stress about it and spam e-mails and phone messages about how incredible the injustice is.

Either way, I will leave you with one final thought. Mods deal with this on their own time and of their own free will. And moderating isn't some glorious game of playing God. It takes a lot patience, a lot more tongue-biting, and a little bit of luck. We do this because we want to, but there is nothing to keep us doing this. We can decide enough is enough at any time and then where will you be? Over the past 5 years, there have been several times where Jeff considered shutting down the messageboard permanently, but because the moderator team was willing to do what they do, it's never gone offline. It's free to you and serves no real purpose to ClassA other than a place for drivers to congregate and chat, mostly about non-trucking issues. Jeff is no longer part of CAD and I'm not certain what the long-term plans for the board are going to be with the new owners, but Jeff's words to posters several times in the past hold true today:

"Be careful what you wish for."

Closed Thread