User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2008, 11:49 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Copart Job

OK, I just finished my third week with hauling for Copart. Not a bad week but still no raise . I called ED Thur and asked about the raise he had told me about the first week and he said he was expecting to hear from them ( corp hq) in a day or two. He said he did not put in for the raise on the week he had told , but held out for another week because fuel went up so fast he figured he would wait another week and see if he could get us
a bigger raise. Well , I have spoken to THREE different tow companies
and told each one this same story and all three laughed and said Copart told them the same thing . One guy asked what the going rates were , after I told him he said that is the exact rate they paid two years ago.
Another driver that still hauls for Copart said , ED will tell you exactly what you want to hear, he described the exact phrases that ED had told me . Very funny . Anyway I will stick it out as long as possible
but Mon morn I will call ED and ask about that raise . If I dont get a good response I might have to look at other options. This is hard grueling work, I love the challenge but couple that with trying to get to a place that is open till 4, or a place that says call first, which you do ,but when you get there you still have to wait 30 min,s for this part time tow driver to open the gate . Add in the low pay , not to mention the wear and tear on the truck it is hard to see a future with Copart at their going rates. Darin