User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2008, 12:34 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Parkin and sellin my truck headed to Iraq to drive

I can't take anymore of these fuel prices and the company I am leased to constantly changing everything. first he fires almost the whole office staff then the payroll lady for no reason and almost all the dispatchers. I have had it I have been drivin for over 20 yrs. And I am DONE being an owner operator. I ship out on 03/31/08 to Iraq to drive. Atleast I can make close to or probably more than I will owning my own truck anymore after taxes and fuel they are going to just get worse along with fuel prices. GOOD LUCK TO ALL YOU GUYS keep the rubber side down and try to say NO to cheap freight
Old 03-14-2008, 01:11 AM
Rookie

Are you serious? Can you PM me with the details, says I can't PM without 50 posts. Or post them here plz. I thought about doing that many years back, but never really looked into it.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:31 AM
Rookie

go to www.kbrjobs.com and post your resume and keep buggin them you will not get a phone number till they give you one but once that is given to you they tell you to take part in a conference call and then if you're still interested they will send you a hire packet and you need to get alot of stuff done like a dental exam and any dental work before you can go and a background check which they tell you you better write everything down even it is something you didn't know about you can be disqualified and then you fill out some other forms and they schedule you to take a test called a WABI which is a work attitude behavior inventory test which is just a bunch of weird questions about different scenarios on the job. They constantly tell you that you are goin into a war zone and serious injury or death can happen. After you go thru all that then you are flown to Houston TX for 2 weeks for training and go directly from Houston TX to Iraq. $85,700.00 of your income is tax free if you complete your year contract but you do get to come home during your contract you work 4 months and then get 10 days off which you can fly home for. IF you decide that the whole thing isn't for you while over there they will fly you home
Old 03-14-2008, 01:56 AM
Rookie

Great, thanks a lot

Just curious, what would the total compensation be per year? $125k, 150k, etc? Thanks.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:03 AM
Rookie

12 hrs a day and 7 days a week yes there is alot of overtime but it is all paid in straight time and you get paid once a month direct deposit only into a USA bank account it does equal up to aprox over $150k and there is room to advance within the company. You family if married and does not have health insurance it is mandatory you get health medical from them which is AETNA medical health insurance. Which is flat rate for a family of $500.00 a mnth no matter how many dependants you have. Plus if you would be killed god forbid your spouse gets $50,000.00 in life insurance and 1/2 your salary for the rest of her life
Old 03-14-2008, 03:42 AM

This sounds good but the money is useless if u lose your life over there.

Good luck!
Old 03-14-2008, 03:47 AM
Rookie

My wife and kids understand why I am doing this and in my heart and soul the money is only a small part of why I am going over. Not being able to re-enlist I feel in a way I am doing something for my country by supplying our great troops over there. like I told my wife it is an unexplainable calling
Old 03-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast forward
12 hrs a day and 7 days a week yes there is alot of overtime but it is all paid in straight time and you get paid once a month direct deposit only into a USA bank account it does equal up to aprox over $150k and there is room to advance within the company. You family if married and does not have health insurance it is mandatory you get health medical from them which is AETNA medical health insurance. Which is flat rate for a family of $500.00 a mnth no matter how many dependants you have. Plus if you would be killed god forbid your spouse gets $50,000.00 in life insurance and 1/2 your salary for the rest of her life
WHOA !!!!!

I'm over here and have been over here for the last 4 years n your a little off on the figures there dude !!!! Also a little off on a few other things !!!!
Old 03-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

well I am just going off what is in my paperwork from KBR. Are you over there as a private contractor or military? I am just wondering what you have all experienced over there and how it is now