Old 03-10-2008, 04:10 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
ROTFLMAO :roll:
Quote:
Thank you for your interest in getting a User ID and Password to LandstarOnline.com. Landstar does not distribute User IDs to the general public. You must be affiliated with Landstar in order to receive a User ID.

Landstar Agents and BCOs may use the Register New Account option to obtain a User ID.
Old 03-10-2008, 04:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rank
Speaking of owning trailers, allow me to digress a little.

John D Rockefeller felt that the railroads were charging him too much to move oil. His solution was to buy all the railroad cars he could get his hands on and had all the manufacturers building cars for him.*

There is more than one way to control freight I guess. Smart guy that John D.

*Source: "The Titan"
LOL..Rockefeller may have bought his own rail cars...but he still had to pay the railroads to move them, same as XOMX, DUPX, GATZ, etc; do today. It can take 2 weeks for a rail car to move from a plant here in the Beaumont area to a plant in the Houston area....cheap...but late.
Old 03-10-2008, 12:30 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
I've talked to a few drivers. One who had been sitting for almost a week at the Lowes distribution facility and another who was only given junk.

As far as the LS load boards, I'm an approved carrier and have an account on there and have hauled loads for them.

So you have talked to a few drivers, say 10' that would equal about 0.0011% of their BCO's, sounds like a good cross section. What about the 50% of the loads that never reach either load board?
They have some operators like everyone else that don't have a clue how things work, and they also have some of the best in the industry.

Any guess what the top operators grossed?(1099 amount)
Old 03-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:
Speaking of owning trailers, allow me to digress a little.

John D Rockefeller felt that the railroads were charging him too much to move oil. His solution was to buy all the railroad cars he could get his hands on and had all the manufacturers building cars for him.*

There is more than one way to control freight I guess. Smart guy that John D.

*Source: "Titan"
LOL..Rockefeller may have bought his own rail cars...but he still had to pay the railroads to move them...
But he controlled the rail cars... so they made a deal IIRC. Rockefeller let them have rail cars in exchange for cheaper rates.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Duty
So you have talked to a few drivers, say 10' that would equal about 0.0011% of their BCO's, sounds like a good cross section. What about the 50% of the loads that never reach either load board?
They have some operators like everyone else that don't have a clue how things work, and they also have some of the best in the industry.

Any guess what the top operators grossed?(1099 amount)
I have no idea. I was asked if I knew any and I did run into a few. I would guess that if it was such a tremendous company then every O/O would be leased on to them. I've done OK with the loads I've hauled for them.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:18 AM
Rookie

WOW!!! I didn't mean to start World War III Gentlemen. It seems as if it is some bad blood somewhere on this Thread, I just hope all of you all know that we are in this boat together, just trying to feed the family. With gas prices the way they are, it should bring us closer together. That is just a thought.

But thanks for all of the replies to help me and my guys & ladies to get on a better load board. Have a Blessed Day
Old 03-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Default Re: Flatbed Freight Board We are looking for a good one

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelebrityTrucking
I have not been able to locate a board that is paying okay money per mile......I am just looking for a highly recommended board that pays good money for flatbed loads. Please advise.
There isn't any.
I subscribe to DAT connect and my phone isn't ringing much.
The LS BCO's get more than an outsider gets for pulling the same LS load. Been there done that.
What are the odds of 2 Landstar drivers piking up identical loads, at the same place, going to the same place, for different amounts?
That happened several times while I was leased to them !!! Needless to say it was corrected n everyone made the same amout and the agent had a lot of questions to answer ??? Also caught them lieing about the freight $ amounts on some of the Gov GBL loads that had the real rate printed right on the GBL !!!! Someone was in trouble for that 1 too !!!