User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Location: Los Angeles - Austin - Houston - Dallas - San Antonio - Laredo
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...ub=TorontoHome
We all can say personal thanx to "Cansfield says the Ontario Trucking Association played a large role in pressuring the government to enforce mandatory speed limiters on Ontario highways." Does anybody knows - what's going to be next?????
...so what's NEXT?

...fuel hogs (DBA ' z hoods') being rounded up 2 B used as boat anchors?

This is what happens when "WE" don't have the brains 2 do it OURSELVES!

God Bless
Old 03-20-2008, 11:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandilon
[
...fuel hogs (DBA as z hoods) being rounded up 2 B used as boat anchors?
Yawn......huh what? :?

Old 03-21-2008, 02:22 AM
Senior Board Member

I have to admit, part of me actually wants them to pass this into law. What a fiasco it would be. It could literally take several....no many, many miles to complete a pass. The general public would be in an uproar.

Imagine the 500 hp truck with 10,000lbs on pulling to the left to pass on a hill at 105 as the 480 hp truck with 10,000lbs on stays in the right lane and slows to 104. They crest the hill side by side and roll down the other side together...the passing truck has to wait until the next hill to complete the pass.

Brilliant!
Old 03-21-2008, 02:29 AM
Senior Board Member

Yeah it will be nearly impossible to enforce I would imagine,remember the lines at the Blue Water bridge on 9/12?

It will however give me the right to turn down Canada loads now,although running across ON on my way home from Rochester was a nice quick trip though.

I hope the plan does not work well and hope that it totally screws up the highways,because then our politicians can't say "see it works there we need it here".

Old 03-21-2008, 04:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
Yeah it will be nearly impossible to enforce I would imagine,remember the lines at the Blue Water bridge on 9/12?

It will however give me the right to turn down Canada loads now,although running across ON on my way home from Rochester was a nice quick trip though.

I hope the plan does not work well and hope that it totally screws up the highways,because then our politicians can't say "see it works there we need it here".
According to what I read in "Truck News" today, the ON law would only apply to trucks domiciled in ON. So don't be thinking you're off the hook from coming up here Mike.

In a letter to the editor, someone wrote to Truck News and stated that "of the big pileups involving trucks recently, ALL of the trucks involved had limiters". If that's true, there goes the safety angle LOL.

I can't believe it will ever happen. Even politicians aren't that stupid. It's just ridiculous. It's like going around the sun to get to the moon. There are other ways to slow the trucks down if they needed to be, which they don't as far as I can tell.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Board Regular

For once I agree with Alan, I run Hamilton/Toronto to Mi steady and I run my cruise at 105-107 and I could count the amount of trucks that fly by on my hands every day. I know I pass more than pass me. Thjis law is just a feel good project for the OTA. There are still carriers out there stealing fuel surcharges but they don't want to tackle that problem because it's too hard for them and they won't be on the news bragging about how safety conscious they are.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Once? Awww, there goes my bubble where I thought I was a pretty agreeable guy.