User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 03:37 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
Everyone thinks Petes are so great then explain this one. In 1998 my dad and I were assigned a BRAND NEW 379 for a team truck at the company we were with. Within the FIRST 50K miles here are the TRUCK RELATED problems not engine or trans or rearend. Left EXHAUST FALLS THE F OFF. Your pretrip inspection must be lacking. The AC went thru 7 Recevier Driers and 4 Compressors 3 cab blowers and 2 bunk ones. 3 complete sets of dash gauges and we lost the Left Front Hub in PA Why was it lost? on Memoerial Dat weekend. NOW TELL ME PETERCRAP BUILDS THE BEST IN THE INDUSTRY. Engine wise the sucker swalled 3 Injectors and lost the Water Pump. Tras and Rear End wise Some ONE AT THE FREAKING DENTON FACTORY AND THE DEALER FORGOT TO FILL THE DANG THINGS AND THEY SEIZED UP ON US. WE PICKED THIS TRUCK UP AT THE DEALERSHIP. So your blaming Peterbilt for a predelivery inspection that wasn't done. I place blame on the dealership for those failure's

In 1999 I was driving for a Different company and was assigned a 1998 C120 Midroof only problem I had with it in 80K miles it was due for a set of brakes and tires because of wear and 2 LOFs beyond that I stayed out making CASH.

FYI, yelling is not very appropriate.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:16 AM
Senior Board Member

But Tracer not everyone can afford a new custom made truck!
Old 02-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Senior Board Member

As I was leaving work tonight I noticed we had 5 or 6 new volvo day cabs parked on the lot.

I went and checked them out.

No mile, brand new 2005s.....
Old 02-13-2008, 11:05 AM
Senior Board Member

I just think tracer is a little butthurt he bought a lemon. seems a lot of his "problems" are things that just happen....be it brand new or used. I've blown clamps off the ata before...do you realize how much pressure those boots/clamps are under? a guy can go down and spec a brand new volvo, freightliner, kw, or pete and have problems from the get go or it can serve for many years and many miles virtually problem free

Old 02-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

The exhaust fell off going down the road the bracket that was riveted to the cab those rivets were not seated. The hub simple how often do you as a driver pull the hubcap off to check to see if the retaining nut and jam nut have backed off that is what happened there. There is no excuse for the tranny or rear ends however Kind of hard to prevent an exhaust stack coming off when you hear one sound then the next thing you see and hear is tearing metal.
Old 02-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal 95 KW
Besides, if you are pulling cheap enough freight that the extra .3 of a mpg makes that big of a diff where it can hurt you you need to re-evaluate what you are doing.
$5649.06 at $3.49 a gallon. I f I dropped that in a parking lot I would pick it up for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal 95 KW
id rather have a quality piece of equipment that holds resale value than a rattle trap century class with a detroit.
And thats why I drive a W9B.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:30 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double L
But Tracer not everyone can afford a new custom made truck!
I'm not talking about Pete with 5 tons of chrome or a KWopper. You can buy a cheap new truck, such as FTL Columbia or International 9400. At least on the new truck, the original factory warranty covers pretty much everything. Of course there's no guarantee the truck will not be a lemon. But the chances are better than with a used truck. Especially if you know that "your" cheap new truck was just built and it didn't sit on the dealer's lot for ages. Incidentally, the new Prostar from International is built 1 hour away from where I live - St.Thomas, Ontario, Canada. If I were to buy a Prostar I could pick it up myself at the plant, with me being the first and only driver of the truck

Watch my YouTube videos
Old 02-15-2008, 08:57 PM

I used to drive a 02 WS for the company I am with. The truck pulled great and rode great but my company was not keeping up on the maintenance. The truck had over 1 mil on it and still ran very strong. They now gave me a 07 century which is more comfortable to sleep in, but rides very rough and has tons of rattles. Did get alot worse fuel milage with the WS but I am a company driver so it makes no difference to me.