User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2008, 07:17 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANIACGATOR
OK HEAVY DUTY........ AT YOUR FIGERS THATS 571 FOR 7 DAYS COMES TO 191,856 INSTEAD TRY 665 FOR 6 DAYS WITH THE 34 HOUR RESTART THATS ROUGHLY 4156 A WEEK IN A 4 WEEK PERIOD AT 60 MPH FOR 11 HOURS IS VERY LEAGAL FOR ANY STATE OVER THE 65MPH SPEED LIMIT.

NOW IM NOT SAYING 4000 WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT BUT AN AVARAGE OF 4000 I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW YALL SAY IT CANT BE DONE IF THE LOADS WERE THERE QUICK TURN AROUND ON DROP AND HOOK AS A SOLO DRIVER NOW I HAVE BEEN DRIVING FOR 9 YEARS AND THEY SAY SLOW TIMES FOR FRIEGHT I PERSONALY NEVER HAVE SEEN THAT I HAVE NEVER HAD TO SIT AND WAIT ON LOADS UNLESS I WAS PULLING A REFFER AT BEEF AND PORK PLANTS. NOW IT MIGHT BE INDUSTRY WIDE BUT AS A DAY TO DAY DRIVER I HAVE NEVER SEEN IT.

AS FAR AS BREAK DOWNS GO I KNOW IT WILL HAPPEN THATS A GIVIN BUT I NEVER SAID THAT IT WOULD BE 4000 MILES EVERY WEEK THERE WILL BE BAD WEEKS FOR THAT AND HOME TIME BUT OUT OF THE 52 WEEKS A YEAR WY CANT YOU THINK OF 42 WEEKS BEING AT 4000 THAT GIVES YOU 10 FULL WEEKS A YEAR FOR TIME OFF AND BREAK DOWNS

NOW PEOPLE THAT ONLY RUN 3000 MILES IN MY OPINION DONT LIKE THE WORD WORK WHY WAS THAT WORD INVENTED? AND WHY ARE YOU EVEN DOING IT IF YOU DONT WANT TO WORK?

Not 4000 week in and week out but 4000 average for the year....thats even less obtainable as a solo....if you plan on having shorter weeks sometimes but still averaging 4000 for the year that means you are going to have many weeks running in excess of 4300-4500 if not 5000 to keep that average. Its just not going to happen under any circumstances. And this is not taking a shot at you but you havent yet been out on the road yet have you? Just asking so we know a little more who we are talking to here because this sounds like the grand idea good on paper kinf of thing people come up with before they get out here and see whats really happening with things.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:21 PM

sorry, I didnt read well enough, he says 9 years on the road. My mistake for not reading good enough :cry: But I still say that sounds like a plan hatched by a new guy. Not to sound like an ass but i would just think 9 years out would let ya know that plan just isnt gonna work.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

My math says you have to average 571 miles a day, 52 weeks a year to average 4000 miles a week which equals 207844 miles a year. You could do 800 miles a day five days a week and have week ends at home. Go for it, but I would sure like to be there for the motor carrier review.

Quote:
A Price Per Mile Of $ 1.35 Plus Full Fuel Surcharge From Broker. Base Plates Paid And All Permits.
You got that deal nailed down in writing?

But what do I know, I ran 75,000 miles last year it will take me almost 3 years to do your years work.
Old 02-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: LEASE QUESTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANIACGATOR
Ok Consider This For 1 Year You Are Paid .50 Cpm As A Company Driver Working As A Contractor Basicly You Pay Your Own Taxes .40 Of That Is Yours .10 thqt is not taxed Is Put Into An Acct. Running 4000 Miles A Week Busting Your ### Cause It Is Called Work For A Reason.Runing All 48 States Main Lanes Being East Of Ms River.

Between 15,000 To 20,000 Depending On That Time You Spend At Home. Off Of The .10 Cpm Then At That Time You Are Able To Put Down Payment On Truck Also Save And During That Year Off Of The .40 Cpm Put .05 Cpm Into An Acct For Maintince And Taxes To Teach Your Self Saving Pratices As You Will Need To Learn. Along With Other Vital Teachings Of Running Your Own Buissness. That Still Leaves $1,400.00 Gross Give Or Take A Little For Home Time And Miles.

Then You Will Be Ahead Of The Hundreds Of Lease Purchesers Out There. Ok At That Time You Can Lease A Truck For Fair Market Value Such As For Example 60,000 Frieghtliner Columbia 2006 250,000 Miles With A Remaining Ballance Of A 500,000 Mile Warenty. At A Payment Of $500.00 A Month For 2 Years. Lease Purch. Paying A Price Per Mile Of $ 1.35 Plus Full Fuel Surcharge From Broker. Base Plates Paid And All Permits. No Over Milage Cost Or Any Other Invented Cost Such As Payroll Taxes Or Any Other Thing That Other Leases Use To Get Your Money.

Same Amont Of Miles Being At 4000 To The Last Day Of Lease, Last Payment Is Made Truck Is Yours.

Would You Do That. Is That A Good Deal? Just A Question I Have For Yall.
Ok this was e-mailed to you by someone right? a job offer?

You surley didn't type all this out with every word capitalized right?

As to running 4k a week on average,not possible for a single driver.And surely not able to do it legally.

Also a 2 year old Columbia with 250,000 miles where are those at?Never seen that low milage when I looked at trucks.

I call Bravo Sierra

Old 02-08-2008, 10:14 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
For Example 60,000 Frieghtliner Columbia 2006 250,000 Miles With A Remaining Ballance Of A 500,000 Mile Warenty. At A Payment Of $500.00 A Month For 2 Years.
Missed that part, do you mean 500 a week?
Old 02-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Duty
Quote:
For Example 60,000 Frieghtliner Columbia 2006 250,000 Miles With A Remaining Ballance Of A 500,000 Mile Warenty. At A Payment Of $500.00 A Month For 2 Years.
Missed that part, do you mean 500 a week?
even at 500 a week that's only 52k

Old 02-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Senior Board Member

LOL, 60 mph average... Just gonna push freight out the back of that moving truck are ya? Never stopping to eat, use the bathroom, or slow down for traffic jams? How about bad weather? Just gonna run the chicken coops? Got yourself a truck to truck re-fueling setup like the Air Force has for air to air refueling so you don't have to stop for fuel?

Nobody is going to believe a fairy tale log like that at 4000 miles a week as a solo.

Sounds to me like this is just another example of another lease that won't work. We know you don't want to hear it, but it is just the facts. If you decide to go ahead with it anyway do us all a favor and start forum thread so we can follow your story. It would be great for everyone to see since the question about leases comes up weekly. Maybe a real life sample of how this works will help us all understand more fully how it can work.

Longsnowsm
Old 02-08-2008, 11:19 PM
Senior Board Member

$500 a month for two years comes to $12,000. What happened to the other $48,000? I am a level headed guy as most would know, and you are nuts.
Old 02-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Rookie

YES MY MISTAKE $500.00 A WEEK SORRY ABOUT THAT BEING $52,000 AT THE END OF LEASE. AND YES I HAVE BEEN OUT HERE FOR 9 YEARS AND I KNOW HOW IT IS. WEATHER, SCALES, FUELING, EATING, SHOWERING, LOADING, UNLOADING, PRETRIP,AND POST TRIP SO I KNOW ALL THE ENDS AND OUTS ON ALL OF IT.

YES HEAVY DUTY IN WRITING IN CONTRACT WITH A CLAUSE OF IF THE RATS GO UP THEN YOUR RATES WILL GO UP IF THEY GO DOWN YOURS WILL GO DOWN TO A MIN OF $1.28 CPM WITH THE SAME FUEL SURCHARGE.

AND MIKE THIS LINK IS FOR YOU I DID A QUICK SEARCH FOR YOU IN TRUCK I DIDNT GO THRU THE THOUSANDS OF TRUCKS BUT THIS MAY HELP WITH THE MILAGE NOW GRANTED ITS LISTED FOR $65,000 BUT ITS UNDER 200,000 ON MILAGE.
http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/d...1710AF5B585D10
Old 02-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Senior Board Member

So, we don't like to work hard because we only run 3000 miles a week? If you've been out here 9 years then you'd know

A) 4000/week isn't possible, at least consistently

B) You'd know how to turn the caps lock off

Example- A week running your miles, lets say from York, NE to Evanston, Wyoming (about 750 miles, give or take)

If you pretrip, thats 15 min. Run 750 miles, logged legally, would take you 11 hrs. Post trip, 15 min. Total day, 11 hrs, 30 min and 750 miles

Do the same running the opposite direction, except this time you'd prolly have to fuel at the end of the day, seeing as you've ran 1500 miles (your tank capacity and mpg data are needed). 11hrs, 45 min.

Day 3, run same as day 1. York to Evanston. Another 750 miles and another 11hrs, 30min.

Day 4, (copy day 2)- 11hrs, 45 min, another 750 miles.

Day 5- copy day 1 and/or 3. 11hrs 30 min.

At the end of 5 days you've racked up 58 hrs and 3750 miles. Squeeze day 6 in and you can get 69.75 hrs and 4500 miles. Dang, I proved myself wrong on this one :roll:

I gave you a perfect scenario running I80, in the summer/spring, relatively flat ground, and never having to go under 75mph (with a few VERY minor exceptions like slowing down for he first few curves in Eastern Wyoming). This is also assuming you're pulling relatively light and smack the sisters in the face crossing them.

If you're suggesting you run irregular route doing this drop and hook, I call BS on averaging 4000/week. You get one 30 minute DOT inspection on day 6, and you ran out of hours and can't deliver your load without a restart. You break down for something small that takes a few hours, your formula is shot to hell.

Of course, I'm afraid of work. I only ran 2500 miles a week in the summer (doing HHG, spending a little more time loading and unloading than 99.8% of the poeple posting on CAD) :lol: