User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I did post somewhere this was my last HHG run. I decided to take one last run to Boise and Salt lake City because dispatch had their own bookings out there that could bring me home. After I unload tomorrow at my agent in Detroit I bobtail home to Chicago.

And then....

I board a plane (sat) to the Dominican Republic for a week in the sun at a private resort. Dad is already there partying it up.

Well, I let the cat out of the bag. Or am I? I might buy a '95 FLD and sign on w/ Graebel, and my vacation is actually a 3 day trip to Branson, MO on 45 dollars and a blow up doll.

The office thought that It would be best that I waited (until after my vacation I've been planning all year) to start work for them instead of running 2 weeks and then taking off. It worked out for everyone.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsCousin
I board a plane (sat) to the Dominican Republic for a week in the sun at a private resort. Dad is already there partying it up.
I'm jealous dammit! :twisted:
You're so high falutin BC
Old 02-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Well, I let the cat out of the bag. Or am I? I might buy a '95 FLD and sign on w/ Graebel, and my vacation is actually a 3 day trip to Branson, MO on 45 dollars and a blow up doll.
If you did, I'd pity you. For three seconds.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
If you did, I'd pity you. For three seconds.
That warms my heart. Was Graebel not the cat's meow?
Old 02-08-2008, 01:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RostyC
Quote:
I'm jealous dammit! :twisted:
You're so high falutin BC
At first I thought you meant about the dildos lol. Update- no more sex toys are on my truck as I write this. they are delivered to their owner 8)

Dad says to not pack any shirts and ties. He says sandals and short sleeve button up shirts are formalwear. He likes extended vacations in the winter, what a silly fool :roll: He could be out here in the ice and slush ! :lol:
Old 02-08-2008, 02:47 AM
Board Regular

I hate to drag this thread away from caribbean vacations & back to what it started out as , but.........

I would like people to read the article on the link below and offer their comments;

http://www.etrucker.com/apps/news/article.asp?id=50490

And I do have a question for 1jcc;

In an earlier post you mention knowing drivers with epilepsy who have gotten waivers/exemptions from DOT. I've been told, by a lawyer (I know, not a reliable source of information) that here has never been a waiver granted to anyone with a seizure history.

I'm really curious if you know someone who has a waiver.

Thanks.[/url]
Old 02-08-2008, 05:02 PM
Rookie

Quote:
I would like people to read the article on the link below and offer their comments;

http://www.etrucker.com/apps/news/article.asp?id=50490

And I do have a question for 1jcc;

In an earlier post you mention knowing drivers with epilepsy who have gotten waivers/exemptions from DOT. I've been told, by a lawyer (I know, not a reliable source of information) that here has never been a waiver granted to anyone with a seizure history.
I have this article, it points out some of the issues I have been speaking about. It just proves that more than the three of us are drinking moonshine. Oh yea, we are all the same person.

The drivers with waivers only have intrastate waivers. The DOT has never issued an interstate waiver to a single driver with controlled seizures. By law, anyone with controlled seizures can apply for a waiver. The DOT has said if they grant just one waiver, it forces them to grant other waivers for the same condition. Currently the DOT has nine applications that they are considering from drivers with controlled seizures for interstate waivers. I have my doubts that they will be granted. Even that the majority of public commits was for granting waivers to most of the nine drivers.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Rookie

I received this email from a buddy that had only one seizure and several auras. All of his tests are normal. They tell him he does not have epilepsy, but his condition is still classified as epilepsy because they don't know what else to call it. Go figure. His neurologist tells him he is just fine to resume his driving. He also was not reported but he is doing the right thing and not driving now. I asked him if I could post it. The reason I wanted to post it was because we were just talking how these guys are having a hard time finding work. I just took out the names. I know most of you could care less about it so you don't need to make any smart a** remarks.

Hey, xxxx
How is it going? I went to see xxxx Steel the other day. They also wanted to put me in a truck. I tried giving different excuses why I didn't want to drive anymore. He just repeated how they really needed drivers. He even gave me his personal guarantee I would be home every night. He offered me the job if I would drive only when they got in a pinch. I told him about the seizure and that's why I wasn't driving now. He had that sh*t scared face and fiddled papers around. "Yes I see, yea, we can't have you driving a truck". So I asked about the position. Amazing how he just offered it to me, now it wasn't available, they had it covered. I bet he washed his hands as soon as I left, he probably went home sick so he could take a shower. I have another interview next week with one of the warehouses I used to load at when I was pulling a box. I don't think they have any trucks. I will let you know how it goes.
No, xxxx is not on me to sell the truck. If it wasn't paid for I am sure it would be a different story. I just have the storage fee and the APU payment. Now, the in-laws are harping on me to sell it. I hope this new doctor can tell me something. 5 - 10 years is a long time to hold on to it, but I probably would never be able to buy another one. I know I would never get what it is worth.
Well, back to diaper duty. Be safe.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

I'm already back from there. Just don't drink any water.... :P 8)
Old 02-08-2008, 09:14 PM
Senior Board Member