User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default SLC Kenworth !

To whom it may concern!

We drove about 200 miles today to see your 98 W900L. I called in advance thinking your salesman might like to pre start the truck, that didnt happen,,, after walking way out in the cold we stood there while he went back for a can of ether to start the cold truck, then after starting it he left, I thought to get a plate but he never returned. After walking back into the office searching for him someone finally tried to call him supposedly ,,, well after watching the truck run for about an hour we decided to waste no more time there and chose to go test drive newer nicer truck a 2001 W900L in better shape and 100,000 less miles and listed for $2000 less. Guess i expected more from a kenworth dealership!

Gary Johns, Blackfoot, Idaho
Old 01-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Been there, done that, bought the T-Shirt!! :evil: :evil:

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 01-18-2008, 09:13 PM

Gary, Im guessing (but an educated guess after almost 30 years in the car business) this "salesman" was crapped out on this 1998 that he has shown a few times, but no sales. Obviously, if you found one 3 years newer and less miles, for LESS dollars, in 5 minutes, they are either asking way too much, or they are buried in it, and he knows it, and isnt putting any effort into it. If I caught a salesman that did that to my customer, his/her check would be ready in 10 minutes.

Just a guess. Who knows, maybe they'll take 8 grand off the price. If I were you, I'd return the favor they laid on you, and make some low-ball offer. (unless the truck is a thorough p.o.s) But if you thought the truck has potential, I'd call the owner, and tell him what happened, and also what you found down the road.

Free to try. G/L
Old 01-18-2008, 10:39 PM
Senior Board Member

Take it for a test ride and tell the salesman you have a DUI and this was an old duplicate they copied to let you test ride it. Park it and get out (where you'll have someone waiting). Hopefully, the salesman won't have a CDL and/or you pass gas prior to exiting the truck :wink:
Old 01-18-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Andy
Gary, Im guessing (but an educated guess after almost 30 years in the car business) this "salesman" was crapped out on this 1998 that he has shown a few times, but no sales. Obviously, if you found one 3 years newer and less miles, for LESS dollars, in 5 minutes, they are either asking way too much, or they are buried in it, and he knows it, and isnt putting any effort into it. If I caught a salesman that did that to my customer, his/her check would be ready in 10 minutes.

Just a guess. Who knows, maybe they'll take 8 grand off the price. If I were you, I'd return the favor they laid on you, and make some low-ball offer. (unless the truck is a thorough p.o.s) But if you thought the truck has potential, I'd call the owner, and tell him what happened, and also what you found down the road.
Free to try. G/L
I emailed this very same letter to the used truck manager 15 min after posting it here ,,, still no response,,, yet!
Old 01-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2hellandback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Andy

Free to try. G/L
I emailed this very same letter to the used truck manager 15 min after posting it here ,,, still no response,,, yet!
Just a suggestion...don't hold yer breath !
Old 01-19-2008, 12:45 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie04
Been there, done that, bought the T-Shirt!! :evil: :evil:

tootie

+1
Old 01-19-2008, 02:32 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Some years ago I went to a large car dealer to look at some cars. There was this one that I really liked. Several salesmen stood watching me while I looked at several cars. Not a single one even left the building. I still bought a car, but from another dealership. At one time this dealer sold over 300 cars a month. They later went bankrupt. I can see why. I won't chase someone down to sell me something. :x
Old 01-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Board Regular

You won't get a response from them. They are a very heavy dealer and one old truck will not matter to them. My company has 30 kw daycabs that we service throught them monthly and we get treated like $hit every time we go in, but we have to go there for the warranty work. My boss won't let me take a truck there because he knows someone will end up with a black eye.

Don't get me wrong , our mechanic and our boss are the ones that take the trucks in there and both of these guys are very friendly and have the best attitudes you could wish for in trucking and everytime they come back they're mad as hell. That KW dealer used to be nice to deal with until they moved to the huge new property and I don't know what happened, but it's like the head boss went out and slipped and fell and had a "I'm a Jerk" stick gp up his a$$. Rant done