User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICS
here is that link to the truck giveaway. I guess it was harder to find than i thought through the MATS web site. I just ended up doing a search. so here is the link.
https://www.greatamericantrucker.com/
I registered for it after your last post ICS. Thank you for the heads up. If I win it though, I'm selling it. Be a nice little cash reserve. 8)
Old 03-17-2008, 05:24 PM
Senior Board Member

It's funny, in the last week I've had a chance to talk to two local truck owners and it turns out that both are going to MATS.

The one guy was real nice to talk too. I ducked into a shopping center behind him when I realized he had a 85' 359. Mines an 84, and I was having a hell of a time finding an electrical tach to replace my mechanical one. I wanted to see what he had or if he had replaced his with an electrical one and where he got it. Long story short, he told me where to go and sure enough they can hook me up. I'm going to wait till after the truck show just in case I find one cheaper. The price I got for the gauge and the accessories needed to hook it up was about 300. Also, his mechanic just retired and he was looking for a new one, so I gave him my mechanics number. He was a CAT mechanic for 23 years now has his own shop. Always nice when people help others.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RostyC
I registered for it after your last post ICS. Thank you for the heads up. If I win it though, I'm selling it. Be a nice little cash reserve. 8)
I think i would do the same thing, after I take it for at least one good round trip. Might as well travel in style for a couple hundred miles in my career. But the chances of that are pretty slim, but "hey you never know"
Old 03-20-2008, 05:38 PM
Senior Board Member

If anyone is interested in meeting up and grabbing a beer or even a meal in the evening we can exchange numbers. That is of coarse, if you don't mind being seen with a "contractor." I'll walk ten paces behind and no direct eye contact.