User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
just handing over money for no good reason. That does not make good business sense.
Like buying chrome for a truck?

Old 01-08-2008, 10:08 PM
Board Regular

I was once reading an article written by GM Paterson and he said factoring is a necessity. :lol: I don't agree with that but I would also factor a broker that I am not familiar with,especially if it is a load that is under 2,000.00. For example,I did one load from Greenville to Fort Worth for 500.00 and the broker's average paying days were 39. I would rather spend an extra 25.00 and get my money the next day instead of waiting 39 to 45 days. Factoring repeatedly would be wasting money though.The only factoring company I use is D and S factors since they are nonrecourse and don't hold any reserve accounts.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:39 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Factoring is a means to help grow your business without assuming any additional risk. You are under no obligation to repay a loan. You give a little money up to the factor, but have use of your money. If you have a line of credit that you use, it will necessitate you to pay interest to the bank. You could consider it a loan that never has to be repaid. :wink: