User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2007, 12:32 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default dr. appts. and mech probs and pay l/purchase??

i am a fairly new driver(3yrs exp) and am doing a lease purchase deal with jct. so far i am happy. yeah lots of miles and lots of truck repairs. no major prob. so far. now i have to visit doctor and also have some issues with truck like warning lite service engine 1 code, oil temp sending unit. i cqannot trust co. shop so work gets done at mech i trust. now i need to get truck to interntl dealer but then they gotta send it to cat. stil no prob. now i paid for an apu which need a service/warrenty because the generator died. aww man, my 1,000,000 5 year seat died also. also a warrenty part from interntl. all work can be done in amarillo tx. i got dr appt in tucumcari nm 120 miles from where work needs to be done. uhhh is this a common problem? 2007 intrnl with cat motor used 4 belts in 4 months? engine code? am just looking for advise. so far maintaince acct has paid for repairs and paydays have been what i expect. last week 2 flats darnnit. how does the average o/o deal with mech probs and make dr. appts? got no horror stories yet. just doing business. wanting advise or some feedback from anyone who ever did l/p and had health issues with mech probs at same time
Old 12-18-2007, 02:01 AM
Senior Board Member

lots of views but no replies. c'mon jump in and give your unabashed opinions. just ashin' fer any advise.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:27 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

It can be challenging trying to take care of a truck and do things at home. At least most everything you have had to deal with has been covered under warranty. I suggest you make a list of everything that needs to be check on the truck and try to get it done at the same time.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:45 AM
Senior Board Member

The first year owning a brand new truck is often the most expensive. Those that think having a warranty means no repair costs have a little to learn. Can't offer much advice, but I can certainly commiserate a little :lol:
Old 12-18-2007, 04:57 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I had the same problems. I called the doctors office and spoke to his personal nurse and explained the problem. I always know when I'm heading home and when I'll be there so now I call her and she makes room for me.

As far as repairs I make a list and do as much as I can on the phone and try and make the most efficient use of my time when I get home.

I don't think there is too much more you can do about these sorts of problems. It just comes with the job.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:50 AM
Senior Board Member

I eat lots of fruit, park always as far a way as possible so I have to walk and hope to hell I don't get sick.

As far as coordinating everything, it's just like routing yourself on a load, you have to preplan (of course breakdowns can't be planned for), but if you know you have a have a shop appointment then rent a car and drive to the doctor. A rental is $40 and you can run around and take care of things.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Rookie

Now that sounds like the solution. Drop the truck off (it doubt it'll be done in an hour) and call Enterprise, "They'll pick you up". Then drive to NM. You can be a tourist!
Old 12-23-2007, 05:07 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: dr. appts. and mech probs and pay l/purchase??

Quote:
Originally Posted by choperbob
i am a fairly new driver(3yrs exp) and am doing a lease purchase deal with jct. so far i am happy. yeah lots of miles and lots of truck repairs. no major prob. so far. now i have to visit doctor and also have some issues with truck like warning lite service engine 1 code, oil temp sending unit. i cqannot trust co. shop so work gets done at mech i trust. now i need to get truck to interntl dealer but then they gotta send it to cat. stil no prob. now i paid for an apu which need a service/warrenty because the generator died. aww man, my 1,000,000 5 year seat died also. also a warrenty part from interntl. all work can be done in amarillo tx. i got dr appt in tucumcari nm 120 miles from where work needs to be done. uhhh is this a common problem? 2007 intrnl with cat motor used 4 belts in 4 months? engine code? am just looking for advise. so far maintaince acct has paid for repairs and paydays have been what i expect. last week 2 flats darnnit. how does the average o/o deal with mech probs and make dr. appts? got no horror stories yet. just doing business. wanting advise or some feedback from anyone who ever did l/p and had health issues with mech probs at same time
The belt problem is fairly common with the 07's with Cat engines. If International shop in Amarillo didn't get it fixed..I would suggest running a trip to either Racine WI, and the International shop there, or to Portland OR and the International shop there. Both are top of the line shops, with excellent service.