User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2007, 05:36 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

You should read the specifications for yourself on the units your interested in. A lot of the info here is wrong.

The Tripac does not provide 780 watts of power. Allan is confused about that. They are talking about the alternator which is only for charging your batteries. The Tripac does offer 110 but it's an optional feature.

The Rigmaster maintenance interval is also 1,000 hours. That's why Tripac followed them with the same idea. They both basically increased the oil pan from 1 quart to 3 quarts.

Rigmaster by default provides 6,000 watts of 110 power, 20,000 btu A/C and 12,000 btu heater. It also has the auto start and auto stop and only comes on when needed.

You need to read about all the units out there. They vary so much in functionality and price so you need to decide which is best for you.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:47 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Yes steve I will check all the information and also check the watts and amps on the items I want to power while on the road then decide which unit is the right one..

thanks for the information
Old 11-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
The Tripac does not provide 780 watts of power. Allan is confused about that. They are talking about the alternator which is only for charging your batteries. The Tripac does offer 110 but it's an optional feature.
I am not confused at all. The tripac also has optional inverters, but you could supply your own. It would all be connected to the same circuit. And with the 110 it would only supply 780 watts, any more usage then that it would start draining your batteries, since it's all the same circuit.
Old 11-18-2007, 09:56 AM

Sorry, I actually went to the dealer and they can outfit the unit with up to 3,000 watts. The 65 amp you were talking about before is the alternator used just for keeping your batteries charged.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Yes you're right, but it can also be used to power household stuff with an inverter. Since it's all connected.

Upgrade the unit to 3000 watts... 12 volt or 120 volt or what?
Old 11-18-2007, 10:31 AM

I just read up on the unit and I didn't realize Tripac does not offer 110 off the unit itself. I just assumed that was an option and now realize the dealer was just offering to sell an inverter. That's weird?