Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_ca_la
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat
Quote:
Originally Posted by furbis
I might have to find out what it would take to get the equivalent of the CDL in canada and call wildkat a call if hilary gets elected. the wife said she wants to move if we get another clinton in the whitehouse.
As far as I know furbis, you would have to go through the whole training, etc all over again as we do not recognize the CDL up here, there is no real evquivelancy for it. Our licencing system is quite different, as it is illegal to hold more than one driver's licence here, & our system of licencing is done by "Class", for instance I have a Class 16 licence, Class 1 being for the trucks & 6 being for a motorcycle and that allows me to drive pretty much anything on the road. A Class 5 is a car licence & so forth. Depending on the province in which you live the licences are notated either by letter or by number, here in Alberta it is by number, and then there are several endorcement certificates that can be added on, for instance I have my LCV (long combination vehicle) endorsement, which allows me to pull extended length (triples, turn-pikes, rocky mountain doubles), but those are company specific as is what you call Haz-Mat (here is TDG) & those are taught by the individual companies.

I suggest that if that is what you want to do, decide where you want to go then check with the province's DOT website for specific requirements.
I'LL bet the weather up there going to Yellowknife gets interesting ???
Yup, it sure does, check out my "winter" pictures in the Women in Trucking forum. The roads up there are not the best, it's only been paved to Yellowknife for the last 2 years (if that's what you call it :lol: :lol: )
The roads are narrow & winding (2 lane, no shoulders, 7 1/2 ft wide), so you have to constantly on guard for some rookie or you'll smack mirrors :roll: :roll: . I just got in from my last trip up there, alot of snow & the wind never stops blowing, as Yellowknife is on the north side of Great Slave Lake which is severl hundred miles across, it's big enough to make it's own weather & believe me it does.

Not too cold up there yet, daytime highs are around 32F & lows are in the low teens, but there's only 6 hours of daylight left & in another month there will be less than 4, so the cold is coming....

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 11-23-2007, 10:39 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo379
Good deal, Wildkat! 8) And on top of that, your $$$, starting looking like a real money! :lol: :wink:
I'm thinking so, I've watched so many o/o's go broke over the years, have run on "a wish & a prayer" too! :lol: :lol: But, after over 20 years as an o/o, I think I've learned a few tricks of the trade!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"