User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Thanks Allan. Pretty much what No_Worries said. I wish these truck stop air hoses were better. Actually I'm now on the border of Idaho and WA and this Flying J has a whole seperate air station and this worked great. I wish they all were like this. I'm going to get those cat's eye things.

By the way I saw that you use all Michelin, I had heard they don't make that great of a truck tire though just what I heard as I am clueless myself. I saw an add for the super single Michelin One last night that said you can increase fuel mileage by 4% but the cost to switch to those must be mighty.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Senior Board Member

I've never heard anyone badmouth Michelin's quality. In fact, on of the more prevalent opinions is that Michelin makes the best truck tire. However, they are also about the most expensive. So lots of guys say the quality doesn't justify the price and you can get better value with another brand. I've only run Michelins and have seen no reason to do otherwise. The price difference isn't that much between their top-of-the-line and other brands' top tire and I've been extremely happy with the performance.

I see guys running Yoko's or Goodyear saying their getting 150,000 out of a set of steers and are happy with it. That's fine. I changed my last set at 200,000 and 8/32nds still left on them. If it ain't broke... :lol: