LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2007, 02:44 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default UCR

It's official. The Unified Carrier Registration program is now in place. We will need to sign up now and renew after the first of the year. It is my understanding that the program will not only cover carriers, but freight forwarders and brokers. For those not familiar with the UCR, it has taken the place of the SSR or Single State Registration.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:19 AM
Board Regular

I just caught a the headlines today, and I have not heard about it, and don't know what it is, but hopefully it will make things simpler.

jonboy
Old 09-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

The lady I spoke with at my state said that they were doing a mailing on Wednesday (tomorrow) to all registered carriers in the state. Not all states are participating. I was advised to go ahead and apply as soon as possible. For 1-2 vehicles the fee is $39. 3-5 the cost is $116. I don't recall all of the various breakdowns, but the most any carrier will pay is about $37,000. Last year I paid $256 for each truck for SSR. This time I will need to pay $116 for 2 trucks and 2 trailers. Under SSR we were not required to pay on trailers, only trucks. You can go to the UCR website for more details and register. You can always wait until you are notified.