User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2007, 10:58 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Hydrapak and Hydrive Information

First allow me to apologize for taking so long to get this information together. Aso thanks to Fredog for the links that allowed me to gather the information.

The Hydrapak MH3 (Drum/Gardner-Denver) and the Hydrive 2010A are basically the same systems. Cost difference between the two units is approximately $100.00

The cost to set up a tractor with the Hydrapak or Hydrive with a Roper 3" product pump and Quincy air compressor comes to aproximately $5,790.00 in parts and $650.00 Labor ($65.00 per hour @ 10 Hours).

By contrast to set up the "Old School" way with dual PTOs comes to approximately $2,700.00 in parts and $650.00 Labor (Same figures as above).

The only real issue that comes to mind (with the Dual PTO set-up) is the amount of room between the tranny and the frame rail/spring hanger on the curb side of the truck. One more thing to look at in a truck.

The links below will provide information conerning the 2 systems.

http://www.gardnerdenver.com/ MH3 Hydrapack

http://www.blackmer.com/myapp/model-list.jsp?sid=17 Hydrive 2010A

For me, I will go with the dual PTO set-up. About half the cost and weight savings to boot. Unusual in that normally you have to spend money to save weight.

I hope this is helpfull for anyone else who may be thnking about getting set up to yank a tank.

Old 09-21-2007, 01:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
For me, I will go with the dual PTO set-up

Has worked for me for 20 years or so 8)
Old 09-21-2007, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac
Quote:

Maniac,

I know what you mean. That is the set-up I was running before. I guess too much "Old School" in me. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Besides it is cheaper and lighter.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:24 AM
Default Re: Hydrapak and Hydrive Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayBeard
First allow me to apologize for taking so long to get this information together. Aso thanks to Fredog for the links that allowed me to gather the information.

The Hydrapak MH3 (Drum/Gardner-Denver) and the Hydrive 2010A are basically the same systems. Cost difference between the two units is approximately $100.00

The cost to set up a tractor with the Hydrapak or Hydrive with a Roper 3" product pump and Quincy air compressor comes to aproximately $5,790.00 in parts and $650.00 Labor ($65.00 per hour @ 10 Hours).

By contrast to set up the "Old School" way with dual PTOs comes to approximately $2,700.00 in parts and $650.00 Labor (Same figures as above).

The only real issue that comes to mind (with the Dual PTO set-up) is the amount of room between the tranny and the frame rail/spring hanger on the curb side of the truck. One more thing to look at in a truck.

For me, I will go with the dual PTO set-up. About half the cost and weight savings to boot. Unusual in that normally you have to spend money to save weight.

I hope this is helpfull for anyone else who may be thnking about getting set up to yank a tank.
I was wondering is this hydrapak in the these two links the old school way you both are talking about?
Old 01-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Default Re: Hydrapak and Hydrive Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsxman2001
Quote:

I was wondering is this hydrapak in the these two links the old school way you both are talking about?
The Old School way is to run dual PTOs. One to drive your product pump and one to drive the compressor.

You also have the option of running air of the truck's compressor. If you do that, your compressor needs to be a TU-FLO 750 or larger to make enough air.

Hope this helps.

Old 01-06-2008, 01:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Maniac,

I know what you mean. That is the set-up I was running before. I guess too much "Old School" in me. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Besides it is cheaper and lighter.
considering I have used my air compressor once in the last 4 months,and haven't used the pump in 6 months I wouldn't spend the extra money.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Maniac,

considering I have used my air compressor once in the last 4 months,and haven't used the pump in 6 months I wouldn't spend the extra money.
I want down to superior carriers and spoke to the terminal manager and he said I would need to have the pump or the compressor installed but I can just get one of them first to start. So I was trying to figure out was he talking about the hydrapak or was it something else. Can someone leave a link to the pump and or the compressor if that is not it on the two links above.. thanks
Old 01-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I want down to superior carriers and spoke to the terminal manager and he said I would need to have the pump or the compressor installed but I can just get one of them first to start. So I was trying to figure out was he talking about the hydrapak or was it something else. Can someone leave a link to the pump and or the compressor if that is not it on the two links above.. thanks
I don't have the link but if he gives you the choice,get the air compressor instead of the pump,less work involved.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:01 PM

Mike can you explain how they both work? I remember him telling me pump pushes the product out the tank.. how does the compressor work? thanks in advance
Old 01-06-2008, 03:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Mike can you explain how they both work? I remember him telling me pump pushes the product out the tank.. how does the compressor work? thanks in advance
the tank has an air fitting called a Chicago fitting that you hook one end of your air hose to and connect the other end to the compressor,then you turn on the pto and the compressor starts and builds up air in the tank,when it gets up to about 20psi you open up the valves and the air pushes the product out into the customers tank.