Old 09-07-2007, 11:11 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
I made my appointment today to have the Espar bunk heater and engine heater installed in my truck the first week in Oct.

3k installed.
That was my second choice if I didn't go with the Rigmaster. I can sort of take the hot weather but being freezing cold is another thing. I've heard nothing but good things about the Espar.
Yeah that was my thinking Steve I don't really run in the south or west very much so I thought for the money this will be a better investment for me,easier to justify.

Old 09-09-2007, 03:22 AM
Senior Board Member

i run mostly south and southwest. i got a carrier apu with an inverter. it keeps me cool and also runs my fridge/freezer. only uses about a gal over nite. 8)
Old 10-16-2007, 02:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Just an update,I had the D2 and D5 installed ($3,100) and have been using the bunk heater some this week,thing works great,now if everyone else around me would just shut thier trucks off I could get some sleep 8)

Old 10-27-2007, 01:30 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Well, it appears that the rumors are true. Until today, we’d only heard about drivers being thrown out of IdleAire parking spots. But today, we were asked to move. And, upon further investigation, we discovered that IdleAire attendants have the authority and can make you leave an IdleAire parking spot if you’re not using the service. In fact, they are supposed to make you move.

We pulled into an east coast Petro truck stop and parked in an IdleAire spot. An attendant came up and asked if we were going to use the service and we said we were not. The attendant politely asked us to move to a non-IdleAire parking spot. We counted approximately 20 empty IdleAire spots- but leaving the “Quiet Zone” wasn’t a problem, since the non-IdleAire parking still had a lot of empty spots.

We decided to get to the bottom of it and find out what’s really going on. The following information has not been confirmed by IdleAire corporate, but it comes straight from the mouth of the most enthusiastic (and presumably knowledgeable) IdleAire attendant we’ve met- bordering on militaristic.
IdleAire parking article here
Old 10-27-2007, 01:47 AM
Senior Board Member

Ok so I wasn't gonna turn this into a Idleaire bash fest,but since you brought it up.

What the hell is wrong with some of these truck drivers?

It's 6:30pm at the T/A in Paulsboro,NJ yesterday and all I want to do is hook up to Idleaire for a few hours and watch the World Series,I pull into the lot and all I see are empty spots in the "free" side of the parking lot and only 2 IA spots left,I counted 4 trucks hooked up to IA in the whole first row.

I understand when parking on the free side gets tight grab whatever you can,I could care less,but some of us want to use the service and I am not sure if some of you drivers are just doing it out of spite because you hate IA or are just too lazy to park in a normal spot I don't get it,and I for one wish they would make more drivers move from an IA spot if they are not hooked up and/or idiling their truck,I swear the drivers now days have no concept of shutting off their trucks at night.When it is 50 degrees out I would love for someone to tell me why they have to run their truck?

The next time you drive thru an IA truck stop take a look at all the spots in the IA section that are not being used by the trucks in them(my guess over 50%),I am not talking about late at night when all the spots are full,I am talking about when there are plenty of free spots left,totally frustrating when you wnat to use the service.

Old 10-27-2007, 03:30 AM
Senior Board Member

I was at the petro in Knoxville last week, and an IA attendent came around and told the truck to my left to kill his motor or move from the spot. The guy got bent out of shape pretty bad, and knock the IA guy on his kester. Local PD was there 5 minutes later and took "Mr. Pissie" away in the jewelry.

As an aside:
What is with these guy's who gotta idle their trucks with their jake's engaged? Are they really that stupid...or independantly wealthy??