User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2007, 01:06 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default best place to get cargo insurance

yes i bought my truck form a volvo dealer and they got me liabilty and physical damage insurance trough great american insurance corp for 165.00 a month could someone tell where the best place to get cargo insurance is and round about what it runs please all help would be greatly apprciated :?
Old 08-08-2007, 06:28 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

There is no way you got a $1,000,000 liability policy for less than $2,000 a year. I have a feeling all you got was bobtail insurance which is not what you need to haul loads under your own authority.

As far as cargo insurance is concerned. If you don't have any experience then ANY place that will sell you cargo is the best place. It's the hardest insurance to get.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:39 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I agree with Steve. It sounds like you may only have gotten collision or comprehensive and bobtail. Bobtail normally runs between $30-60/month and comprehensive seems to run from 2 1/2-4% of the stated value. I would check my policy. There are only a handful of insurance companies who write motor carrier insurance. Most require experience. I don't know where you live, but you may want to find an insurance broker and let them find something for you. Northland and Great West are two of the largest insurance companies who write class 8 insurance. I believe both require driving experience. I know Northland requires 2 years minimum experience, but they seem to have the best rates right now. I don't know their requirements for only cargo insurance. Most insurance company prefer to write both the cargo and liability in the same policy. One thing you might be able to do is check the Federal Motor Carrier website and see who others are using.
Old 03-06-2020, 04:20 AM
Rookie
Default Larry M. Wade

A business plan is usually one of the first things anyone with an idea for a business creates. If you plan to approach a financial institution for a loan, apply for a small business grant, pitch your business truck idea to investors, or enlist the support of a business partner, a business plan is required.
Old 05-16-2020, 01:01 PM
Rookie

Federal law requires trucking company carriers to carry some carrier liability insurance, but the minimum requirement may not be enough protection for your shipment. Moreover, other carriers don’t have the same requirement LiteBlue

Last edited by Dunningham; 05-18-2020 at 12:43 PM.