User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2007, 04:17 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

My last physical..in May...my BP was 145 / 90 the first reading...but the nurse used a small cuff best used on a frail old lady than me... ops: and ....... I was looking out the door of the lab at the "Tush" of a girl that might have been 30....MmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmGOOD !!!
:evil: :evil: :evil:
Girl went around da corner out of sight..nurse got the Large Cuff...and da ole BP was a respectable 112 / 78 :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 07-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Senior Board Member

I wish it could have been that simple. I have tested mine 4 times since, and on different machines. It always comes out 136/128 over 91/94, so I do have a problem, and its not the hot lab tech,.....unfortunately.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:25 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Mine was 140 over 100. I was put on the smallest dose of BP medicine and now my BP is 117/70 most of the time.

I was given a Beta blocker to lower my heart rate and a diuretic to get rid of fluid in my body. Now I don't get excited any more, can't get it up and piss my pants if I fart but I feel so much better.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Steve, you have crossed the line on "things I don't really need to know",....and now I have to go think happy thoughts.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Board Regular

I caynt help ya thar Steeve. TMI = to much info

I remember a driver posting with food poisoning and dehydrated somewhere west of the Mississippi.I know your kidding??

Just in case anyone want to know:

The reason " water pills" or diuretics are used is that it reduces water,which reduces the need for the heart to pump harder to move blood through tissue,reducing BP....Beta Blockers slow down the heart lowering BP. They are prescribed according to body weight and regulated over time with daily BP checks. Try to get your bp checked at the same time daily to get a true reading. It's called practicing medicine for a reason. Using the idiot box at your local RX store is not accurate IMO. You need to have your BP checked at a Fire Station or Medical Office. The problem with Meds regulated by body weight..Is that when you get dehydrated from a virus / bug or heat exhaustion, your beta blocker still remains the same. It could actually cause beta blocker overdose to occur in some cases since your body weight and fludis have been reduced by sweating,vomiting,diarhea etc...

Maintaing a Healthy Lifestyle along with reducing your risk factors is very important. Deal with Stress, Exercise, Eat in Moderation, Get your blood labs and fix what's broke. You might take care of your truck better than your body. But what good is that going to do for a driver who has a heart attack or stroke because they don't do their own PM's???
Old 07-15-2007, 10:24 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Mine was 140 over 100. I was put on the smallest dose of BP medicine and now my BP is 117/70 most of the time.

I was given a Beta blocker to lower my heart rate and a diuretic to get rid of fluid in my body. Now I don't get excited any more, can't get it up and piss my pants if I fart but I feel so much better.
Ahahaha, that's hilarious.