User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Plate costs.

some else just asked this question and i didnt want to hijack his thread, but i live in NC and am going to buy my own plates, anybody know the cost? im going to put all 48 states on there. and can i buy the plates while im still leased to schneider(cuz they pay for my plates now), OR when i leave schneider and go to another orientation in another state, do i get like a temporary tag or something if the company im going to will pay for my plates? Long story short, the company i need to do orientation with is in WI and i live in NC, gave my 1 week notice and need to get to WI with my truck. :lol:
Old 05-20-2007, 11:44 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: Plate costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel27208
some else just asked this question and i didnt want to hijack his thread, but i live in NC and am going to buy my own plates, anybody know the cost? im going to put all 48 states on there. and can i buy the plates while im still leased to schneider(cuz they pay for my plates now), OR when i leave schneider and go to another orientation in another state, do i get like a temporary tag or something if the company im going to will pay for my plates? Long story short, the company i need to do orientation with is in WI and i live in NC, gave my 1 week notice and need to get to WI with my truck. :lol:
I think it varies depending on the state you live in. Mine cost me $1,100 here in New Hampshire.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Plate costs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Quote:
I think it varies depending on the state you live in. Mine cost me $1,100 here in New Hampshire.
yeah i know it varies i figured it maybe some1 on here who may have purchased there plates in NC,,, is that 1100 with 48 states?
Old 05-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Senior Board Member

In case you missed that...

http://www.classadrivers.com/phpBB2/...ic.php?t=26823
Old 05-20-2007, 04:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Gman, where you at? You're needed over here. How's he going to get to WI? And while you're at it, should I leave Landstar and go to, say, Dana... :wink: , what happens with the plates I'm getting from Landstar? Do I owe them for the remainder of the year or is it some kind of situation, partial year- partial cost? Could I still just keep the same base plate and pay it off myself?

What's the deal, Marcel? Closet Schneider O/O? If you change jobs who is going to represent over half of O/Os, not like your representation was worth a shit since you were in the closet, anyway. :lol: What about your new gig? Whatcha going to be doing?
Old 05-20-2007, 04:26 PM
Senior Board Member

I admit for awhile there i was a closet o/o with them, heres the deal, i run local in NC/VA/SC, and long story short SNI doesnt see a need for the greensboro rail anymore except for a few company drivers, so im gonna leave, in the mean time im running on % program until june 5 or 6th when im going to orientation in milwaukee for Roadrunner Dawes, and basically im just tryint to find out can i get my plates now while im still with schneider, what do i need to go get them(some1 said copy of the lease), does that mean company im leasing to?
Old 05-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Senior Board Member

ok i just went to NCDOT.org and found what it said about what i had to have, i dont know how to post link here though sorry, so from what i understand i have to have a copy of the company that im going to insurance card and current 2290 and a few other things it looks like, so i cant get it while still leased to schneider, i think! :shock: im still confused :lol:
Old 05-20-2007, 05:51 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill

North Carolina is one of the few states I know of that certainly does issue a 30 day temp plate (maybe others do too....hmmm yeah know AZ does they reemed me 130 for it!) Just to drive thru!
I know cuz when I purchased my truck in N.C. they issued me a 30 day papper plate on proof of insurance.
It was ONLY $5 in N.C........whata deal!
Old 05-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
ok i just went to NCDOT.org and found what it said about what i had to have, i dont know how to post link here though sorry, so from what i understand i have to have a copy of the company that im going to insurance card and current 2290 and a few other things it looks like, so i cant get it while still leased to schneider, i think! :shock: im still confused :lol:
cut and paste. highlight the address, click 'copy', go down to your message, click 'paste.' If 'copy' doesn't work hold down the control button and hit 'c' at the same time.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam
Quote:
cut and paste. highlight the address, click 'copy', go down to your message, click 'paste.' If 'copy' doesn't work hold down the control button and hit 'c' at the same time.
uh yeah :lol: