User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2007, 11:58 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Cam, the main problem with the NAFTA treaty, as far as Mexico is concerned, is that it is very one sided. Basically, they get everything they want, we get to pay for it. :evil:
Old 05-17-2007, 06:04 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastie
All I can say I would not want to take my Truck across the boarder. The Mexicans may need another truck and you'll be out of yours before you know it..
Dont think I agree with you on that 1.....just ask a former driver named Reginal Denny if american truck drivers are any safer here?
Point is shit can happen anywhere, and I have definitly felt safer in Juarez then L.A. quite a few times.
Quess tho I just like hanging around third world countries, I felt safe in Mindinao, although all the natives there were saying, 'dont go!'
I again felt safer there then parts of N.Y or L.A.
Am sure the sticking point will be the Mexican congress will want to restrict certain areas to US trucks, but will expect full acess for theirs, seems to be how business is done there unless the right people are paid off.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I think Mexico would still like to have all the advantages of trading with the U.S. but not need to reciprocate. Trade should be equal on both sides. Unless they want to provide complete access as we do here, then they should not be given access to our roadways.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Senior Board Member

I suppose it sounded great on paper to the politicians..."equal access for Mexican trucks to the US and US trucks to Mexico". BUT...that doesn't work due to free enterprise. We will have free access but what shipper would want to have a US truck at US driver pay drive very far into Mexico when they can hire a Mexican trucking company to pull that load to Mexico City for a fraction of the cost.

And the exact opposite will happen in in the US...the US company bringing product in from Mexico wants the Mexican truck to travel as far as possible into the US because they will pay much less in shipping charges.

Either way, the US driver loses...it just won't work!!! I was glad to read about that ruling.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:54 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe4158
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastie
All I can say I would not want to take my Truck across the boarder. The Mexicans may need another truck and you'll be out of yours before you know it..
Dont think I agree with you on that 1.....just ask a former driver named Reginal Denny if american truck drivers are any safer here?
Point is $&!+ can happen anywhere, and I have definitly felt safer in Juarez then L.A. quite a few times.
Quess tho I just like hanging around third world countries, I felt safe in Mindinao, although all the natives there were saying, 'dont go!'
I again felt safer there then parts of N.Y or L.A.
Am sure the sticking point will be the Mexican congress will want to restrict certain areas to US trucks, but will expect full acess for theirs, seems to be how business is done there unless the right people are paid off.
In reality it's safer in War zones like Iraq than any one city in the States of you want to get down to nuts and bolts. Regiaonal Denny was in the Wrong location at the wrong time. LA during a Riot if I remember correctly, I was up in Alameda, Calif during that time frame...

Just in Mexico you really do not have the Protection of the Police. But in any big City USA is as bad as Mexico in a since, but these are just a few places, Mexico I mean the entire country, not a City.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:08 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill