User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2007, 02:22 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
i think PAY has alot to do with keepin good drivers. I drive for a outfit with older run down trucks and we have alot of BS to deal with. I drive an 01 mack and the A/C dont work god only knows when it will get fixed. Thats was an upgrade from a 89 r model. There is a place not even 4 miles down the road from are yard that run all 2003 newer petes 379's and 357's but your allso getting 15-17 an hr. Are place pays 18-20 an hr. I would love to drive them nice petes but i like my paychecks better.
I thought you were floating on some boat?
Old 05-08-2007, 02:43 AM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

No am not on the tug yoopr
i update my thread in anything and everthing dont want to hi jack the OP (didnt think any one remeber that )

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 05-08-2007, 08:10 AM
Senior Board Member

had the first brother in law hauling grain for father in law and always showed up late or not at all (to his own fathers operation!) had another brother in law in my wifes heavy haul truck, never again! tore the center out of the floater in a dual disc clutch setup just for that specific engine, in went another one and out went a shaft through the tranny case, in between wrecking parts and costing me 15 grand he`d show up late, beat his ass the morning I saw him roll up hungover and toss a bunch of beer cans out, of course his momma probably beat him more when her little angel called up and said we fired him,actually I think my first mistake was restoring/modifying an old kw just the way I wanted it then let her use it for her company, guy we have now is pretty damn good, 200$ a day when he`s in the truck and 60$ a day per diem since its a day cab, if he quit I seriously think i`d give her a decent down payment, make her finance a truck and take mine back if she still wanted to operate, too many wheel holders out there who just dont give a damn.

truth be told I could be back in the oil field making 3 grand a week and having every other off to see the family in a new york minute, but my wife grew up with a few guys who became roughnecks and the tell her all the dangerous parts of the job so it hasn`t happened yet.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:31 PM
Rookie

oh God,

I always tought if you treat a driver good he will do a good job, BS, I hired a friend and sometimes paid him for the days he didn`t even work (sick days,court days,etc...) thinking he would do a good job for me.He was coming to work at 9-10 am and was done by 4pm??now,how can you make money in trucking business working those hours?I didn`t even know about it until I got back early one time from my route and his truck was already parked at the terminal at 5pm,I called him and he was at home already.
He made $800 last week he worked (it cost me $1300 a week to run the truck) and the very last Friday he made $50 for the whole day work..but he cashed his $700 paycheck same day he got it.
Forget friends,family and everything else,you want to be sure everything is running ok, then you have to be in your truck working.I learned that, and you guys are right and I`m thinking about selling all 3 of mine trucks and buy 1 new truck for myself.

Db
Old 05-09-2007, 12:28 AM
floored
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_jeff11us
oh God,

I always tought if you treat a driver good he will do a good job, BS, I hired a friend and sometimes paid him for the days he didn`t even work (sick days,court days,etc...) thinking he would do a good job for me.He was coming to work at 9-10 am and was done by 4pm??now,how can you make money in trucking business working those hours?I didn`t even know about it until I got back early one time from my route and his truck was already parked at the terminal at 5pm,I called him and he was at home already.
He made $800 last week he worked (it cost me $1300 a week to run the truck) and the very last Friday he made $50 for the whole day work..but he cashed his $700 paycheck same day he got it.
Forget friends,family and everything else,you want to be sure everything is running ok, then you have to be in your truck working.I learned that, and you guys are right and I`m thinking about selling all 3 of mine trucks and buy 1 new truck for myself.

Db
Db huh? Yet another name change.. and now you have 3 trucks?? Way to keep your stories straight dude!

:roll:
Old 05-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I didn't want to be the one to say it ...... but................she nailed you big time.