User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2007, 12:30 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeymike
Just out of curiosity since I am getting ready to start my authority process. Can someone post rates off a load board say running a reefer from atlanta ga to lakeland fl? I am just curious as to the rates? I have an idea since my truck is leased to a refrigerated carrier now but I have always wondered if they quote us accurate prices?

$2.00 a mile or better. They will try you in a few weeks because of produce coming out of FL.

http://www.trukz.com
Old 09-09-2007, 12:33 PM
Board Regular

That JD plant near Augusta they block the tires for you. I usually get four to five tractors on my trailer.

http://www.trukz.com
Old 09-09-2007, 05:42 PM
Senior Board Member

[quote="GMAN"]The problem you have hauling things such as cars or tractors in a dry van is securement. You really need tie downs or recessed "D" rings to strap or chain them down. Otherwise they will move around during shipment. Some use wooden blocks and nail them to the floor next to the tires to help keep them secure.

Gman, How do you keep the car from bouncing up and down using blocks?
Old 09-09-2007, 09:00 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I have known of some drivers who use logistics straps if they have E-track or I-track in their trailers. I am not sure that would work all that well, due to the stress, but it will be better than nothing. The blocking would keep it from most forward or backward movement. If you put the straps around the tires or frame, you could probably reduce the movement back and forth. I don't know of any way to eliminate the bouncing other than securing to the floor. Most vans don't have anything in the floor for securement. Of course, you could always have some "D" rings installed in the floor if you see that you are going to do a lot of cars. Unless it is something you do on a regular basis, I am not sure it would be worth the cost. There is one thing that comes to mind. You may be able to buy some I-hooks and screw them into the floor. Then use small straps to put around the frame or tires and secure it to the I-hooks.