User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Just about every town has an ordinance against parking a commercial vehicle on your property. Most will not enforce the issue until someone complains, then your gone.
Maybe up where you live...

Here in Ohio, trucks are parked everywhere! Okay, not in the bigger cities and/or yuppy areas. But out here in farm country, we can pretty much do as we please. We park out on one of the main streets in our town when we are home- right across from my house. The police have told us that if someone complains, we may have to move, but they would be in the wrong. We are within the width limits. But our town is turning yuppier every day. I'm sure someone will pass a new ordinance!

During the winter, we'll often park at a repair shop about 10 miles away or at a trucking company in town. The snow gets piled up on the side of the street and we can park there to unload our laundry etc but we don't leave it out there.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark01GT
Ran a search for "RV storage lot" and couldn't find anything, at least not in my area.... How long can you park your truck at a truck stop for? And do they charge anything? I have one 30 miles from my house, in tampa FL... there's one near the I-4 and I-75 interchange
If you're talking about the TA and Flying J- good luck. TA has charged parking and it's a small lot. The Flying J has an INCREDIBLY small parking lot.

I'll suggest finding a trucking company in your area and asking them. Maybe they'll say yes, maybe they'll say no. And definitely ask the Wal-Mart. Some of them are very truck friendly, some aren't. Tell them how long you'll be home for- 2 days is more appealing than a week.

Look for some heavy-truck repair shops. Or a dealership. Again, maybe they'll say no. But maybe they'll say yes.

If you go to church and they have a large enough lot, they may allow you. Or a smaller strip mall shopping center. Obviously you should get permission from the owner (not the store owner- the owner of the strip mall).

Any way you go- BOL.