User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2007, 12:32 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Any opinions on Transcore DAT loadboard?

The sales rep keeps calling me.
He says that I won't need to look for anymore sliced bread if I use his load board.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:20 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I don't know about the sliced bread, but DAT is the load board you find in most truck stops. They have several sister boards under different names. Their loads tend to pay less than many other boards. Some of the larger carrier seem to use them. I prefer getloaded.com and internettruckstop. Some boards seem to be stronger in different areas of the country and type of freight offered. If you like DAT, OOIDA has an agreement with them through their Truckersedge load board. It is my understanding that the same loads are on both boards. If you get it through OOIDA you will probably pay less for it. I tried the Truckersedge board for several months and didn't seem to do anything with it.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:31 AM
Senior Board Member

I have been going to get loaded, and I like the layout, and would probably use them,.....I won't know until I get my authority so I can get full useage of their website to do some real research.
As far as Transcore DAT,.....he makes it sound good, but I have problems navigating their website,....not easy to use for me.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Dog...G-man gave you some good advise there.

InternetTruckStop will make you quite a bit more in revenue, when using brokers, than will Getloaded. ITS usually has loads that pay a better rate on it. Truckersedge is spendy compared to ITS and Getloaded...and when we were using it...only found a better load than ITS once in a while. We dropped Truckersedge after 3 month's.

DAT's credit reporting is better than that provided by ITS and Getloaded, but not really worth the cost....when you can get a Gold or Red book, that has the premium Brokers listed in them.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Senior Board Member

Thanks Orange, I have never really checked out ITS before,...I am going there right now.
And thanks Gman,...you a great person to have on a board like this.