User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2007, 08:38 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Guess what you say is right in some aspects. But I do know other drivers that do exactly what I did. Plenty of Mclane drivers do this, again what I did was wrong and I did not under any circumstances give anyone elses name to the company.

Rev Vasso ---Yes I guess I am saying that if most can stick it to the big guys, people (not meaning you personally) will.
I am not looking for sympathy at all I am looking to change venues and move on. If this means that I take harsh criticism from the people here then so be it.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Even if it was $1.20 with FSC and extras, still comes to 200,000 miles to gross those 240K! :roll:
Old 02-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill

Dac seems to be an all-powerdull entity, and I am very sure they have 100% covered themselves in anything wrote against you.
I would go after the employeer and his private personal folder on you. I strongly suggest you go on the offensive yourself and file crimimal charges through the Labor board against them, this will tell you whether your situation is weak or stronger then Rev thinks, its free for you to do and you have no down side as long as you only tell your side of the story.
I strongly suggest legal council tho, either a free initial consultation, or low coast advice somewhere. The case I have against a company, took quite a few years, and the attorney took it on, "consignment."
My advice is only file civil action if you get an attorney to take the case on consignment, dont waste your own $, but you will be in a stronger position if you are able to turn the table on McLane and show they have gone over the edge in your personal file (violating labor laws) which is pretty easy to do and you have the power of the US government behind you......ummm I wouldnt admit to any willfull wrong doings either, only possible human calculating errors, just my suggestion.
Rev wants to think this is so black and white....I quarantee in a court of law it never is.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:13 PM
Rookie

pepe4158-- I am not sure quite what yo mean by violating labor laws but I can say with strong opinion that our Trans manager was adament about having the co-driver coming out of the sleeper (on the logbook) and helping out whith backing into tight spaces.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:24 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
What you did is CRIMINAL, and you are lucky they haven't pressed charges. They may still do it.
If the driver decides to stir up the hornets nest, they WILL do it. It's pretty clear in his post that the driver was let go due to embezzeling money. That's not a charge made lightly and it's not something they would do if they couldn't back it up. So not admitting to it doesn't matter. They'll have the paperwork and the logs to back it up.

Additionally, if you go after a company as large as McClane, you'll get to run the gauntlet of all their high-paid, high-powered attorneys. Not something I'd want to happen to me, especially if I knew I was guilty.

I agree with Rev. What you did was wrong and there are criminal charges and jail time associated with embezzelment, regardless of whether "everybody" is simply doing it. :roll:

If I were you, I'd get a lawyer pronto, tell him what's up, and prepare a defense against the charges when they come after you. If you let it lay and simply move on, they may just possibly pass you up as a small fish. If you go after them for wrongful termination and can even FIND a lawyer that would work with you due to the circumstances, expect McClane to go all out and butcher you for all the world to see. If that happens, I'd give you exactly 0.00% of coming out of it intact.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHExplorer
pepe4158-- I am not sure quite what yo mean by violating labor laws
K...Everyone the company hires or does business with they keep a private folder on, according to law they have to make this readily accessable to you to view (in reality they dont however and use it to write anything nasty they please), however US labor laws are very specific that they can only write things they can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, which I really would doubt they have in your case. Call them on it, by reporting to your local labor agency you believe they may have wrote miss-truths about you and you want them to investigate (just tell your side of the story). I quarantee they will investigate and if MClain is not squeeky clean they will be fined.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Senior Board Member

[quote="Twilight Flyer"]
Quote:
What you did is CRIMINAL, and you are lucky they haven't pressed charges. They may still do it.

Dude your way off here. If they had a case against him. They would have filled it already...What the he%* you think, they arent filling already cuz they luv him so much LMAO...They arent flling cuz if their case isnt that clear they wont file, filing first with the labor board protects him, as anything done after would be viewed by the labor board as punitive action against the file......but I agree your best advice is to probably just move on if you can, just best to get real professional advice (as opposed to all our God awfull marginl advice lol), and file your complaint with the proper agency
Old 02-22-2007, 09:42 PM
Senior Board Member

sorry;computer keys stuck
Old 02-22-2007, 09:45 PM
Rookie

the term embezzlement in this this post was my own words. I do and understand that a company a large as Mclane's does have high powered laywers, especially when the company is owned in whole by Wareen Buffett.

What I am now wondering is how do I check my DAC report, does it play into consideration with ALL companies.

Also how do I go about clearing my"name" in the business??
Old 02-22-2007, 09:51 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Quote:
If the driver decides to stir up the hornets nest, they WILL do it. .

If they had a case they would have already...or am I to believe because of their love for him they havent yet?
Fillimg with an US agency, his rentition of the story, protects him, not hurts him, and the US government would view it as retribution if McClain came after him for filling.
Closed Thread